Thursday, August 25, 2011

Run #6.7 - I Love the New Me!!

I didn't have swim class, yet I still set my alarm to go off at 5:15am. Sure, I did hit the snooze, but I got up, checked in on facebook while I slowly woke up and then I committed to doing a 3 mile run. No ifs, ands or buts! 

Today was the official dress rehearsal for Disneyland. Since I did not like the way the last official shirt fit I had to pick a new one. I'm running in one that I've already raced in, so I know it will be comfy. I enjoyed the skirt/shirt combo together, so now I can relax - wash the heck out of them since they are soaked in sweat now - and pack!

The run ..... three miles. I ran down to my park, paid a little visit to the girl's room, ran to the golf course, went to the YMCA and then ran home. The Y to my house has been confirmed to be one mile running. I have visions of, once I can get my orientation scheduled (nobody will call me back or answer!! ARG!!!), running to the Y, doing weights, then running the mile home. So today it was disgusting. At 6:30am it was 70º and wayyyy too humid. I mean it is Florida humid in Oregon right now. Last night we even had a big thunderstorm complete with gigantic drops of rain. I was so happy! Considering I suck at running in heat, I did really good. I was focused and just staring straight ahead telling myself to push it a little farther, then a little farther more. I need to stop overheating. I get in a zone, but then I just have to stop and let myself cool down. I can't even do those 3 miles without a pause for water or a little pause in the shade. My legs have been feeling so good, too. So I hope once it cools off I'll feel some improvement overall.

Anyway, I am loving my new workout plans!! The water aerobics class is the highlight of my week right now. I love that I get to do it 3 days a week. Ultimately I want to go on the off days at 6am and use the weight room. That will leave me still free to do my evening runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Oh how happy I am to be injury free, and for the time being Meniere's free! Woohoo!

Oh, and don't fall out of your chair ... I had salad with my dinner AGAIN last night. That's like 3 or 4 times in the last week. And I bought another fresh batch of romaine so I can keep it up. Who am I? And What happened to R*onda R*e???

ONE WEEK UNTIL DISNEYLAND!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am almost as stoked about the salad as I am about Disneyland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disneyland! I will be there as well!!!
    dress rehearsal this Sat...still have one 12 miler on the plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I like the new you (I liked the old you too!) Good luck at Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my hero!! I really need to start doing weights (and eating salad!). But how cool you are going to DISNEYLAND!! Tell Mickey hi for me and that I will see him soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº