Monday, August 29, 2011

Run #6.8 - I'm Back!

I guess it is good timing that I finally felt like myself again while running. I mean with the half marathon just days away, I'm glad I feel like a somewhat okay runner again. Last night I went out around 9pm for my run. It was dark, the weather was cooler, the humidity was lower. It was such a nice change! I was scheduled for 10 miles .... but I am a slacker .... and I fueled up with a lot of rum on Saturday .... so the fact that I even got in 5 pleased me! And they were fast. Less than 50 minutes. Granted I did pause a couple of times to cool off and gather myself, but really I was on fire!

My head was in the game. I was thinking a lot about the Princess Half and how Lesley helped push me and I did it and I didn't die. I was thinking about a team name for the marathon relay in January. I was thinking about race goals I'm setting for Rose and I (I am not done yet, but I can tell you that they actually have nothing to do with running at all!) I was thinking about how Rose is this powerhouse and I hope some of it can rub off on me and she'll help me successfully get through 13.1 miles without saying I want my mommy! ;)  And I thought A LOT about Pre.  I've been so busy and distracted that I haven't even bothered to get my head into the running, and for me that is a HUGE part of it. When visions of Steve Prefontaine are running through  my head I just naturally start doing better. I was concentrating on my form. When I felt like my posture was good I was running better and faster and longer. I guess this was that big mental boost that I really needed going into the Disneyland Half. I want that to just carry forward with me as I head into 4 races back to back in September.

So good run. Not as long as I wanted, but a lot more effort and work went into it, so I almost feel like I took more out of those five miles than I would have if I tried to push for 10. 

And if you missed the memo .... I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND THIS WEEK!!!

6 comments:

  1. Super jelly you're going to Disneyland and getting that amazing medal.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to be an excellent race buddy! Regardless of what else happens, we'll have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhhhh correction... WE are going to Disneyland this week!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me smile. It is great that those 5 miles were really good speedy five miles.

    You will do well.
    And enjoy Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe...I'm so glad you got your running mojo back.

    It's the best thing in the world and I cant wait to hear about your race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're going to Disneyland? Say what? Ha! I will be living vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº