Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Run #6.9 - Ending with a Bang!

Last night was my final run before all of the fun and excitement of this weekend's Disney races!

I went out fairly late, it was dark and cool, and thought I'd do a couple of easy miles. Well I must have been LOVING the cooler temperatures because my legs were on fire! I paused a couple of times to just calm myself down and force myself to slow down the pace, but I failed at that. There was so much adrenaline pumping through me that I couldn't help but go crazy! 2 miles in 18:44. Yes, let's say that again .... 2 miles in 18:44. For the last big chunk I was going back and forth between 8:30 and 8:45. WHAT??? Huh? No way, I do not run this fast. But I DID!!

This run was just to get my head ready, to shake off some nerves and boost my confidence. It worked! (Now Rose, don't you dare get your hopes up that I run that fast because trust me, I don't, and I will want to walk more than normal people do. I'm a weenie!)

A few hours after the run I was up and back at the pool. I am getting addicted to pool smell. I even wore my semi-damp running jacket to work today just because it still smells like the pool - the dampness being from my wet swimming suit this morning! Class today was a blast! A lot of noodle work while using the weights a the same time. It was arms, legs and abs going crazy today. I seriously felt the ab work better than any day so far. The other new girl and I totally rocked the balancing portion. We stood on our noodles in the deep end, with our arms holding the weights out to our side. We were solid! Everybody else? Not so much -noodles were flying in the air, landing on heads, there was splashing and tons of laughter!  At the end of class we were all talking about how we would do it every single morning if the Y would let us. Glad to know I'm not the only one totally into it!

Now if you'll excuse me, I shall retire this round of half marathon training posts and get back to really important work .... i.e. studying the Disneyland website and printing all flight and hotel info AGAIN. I think 2 or 3 copies is okay, right? I can't help it, I'm a worrier. I need multiple copies in my bag just in case!

Fellow Disney runners .... see you in a couple DAYS!!

Everybody else? Have a lovely Labor Day weekend - best of luck to the racers out there, especially the ladies hitting the Eugene Women's Half Marathon that I sadly can't be at.

Ta ta! Next posts you get from me will be via my phone from lovely DISNEYLAND!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. have fun at disney!

    pool smell is addictive. even on days that i dont want to swim, if i smell it, it makes me want to get in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo! Disneyland!
    Have fun tomorrow and Friday while I am still sitting at work just looking at the Disneyland website.
    I'll send you my number so we can meet up this weekend!
    Woohooo! Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give Mickey (and Giraffy) a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know...if you are nice to me I may let you use the new toy to write a blog with...just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, WHAT??? You mean when we're not watching Hood to Coast I can blog on your iPad?? That is possible??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am assuming that it is possible as it has the intranets on it...just have to have WiFi...

    ReplyDelete
  7. See you SOON!!! Yay on fire legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOHOO!!! Can't wait!! Glad you got in one last training run, I'll pretend I did one too :( I've done absolutely NOOOO running all week since before the hurricane! Ugh! SEE YOU SOON!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fun! have a great time and a great race. i'm sure you'll kick butt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck at the race this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! Disneyland!!! Good luck this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº