Thursday, August 4, 2011

Run #6.2 - Disneyland Dress Rehearsal

I'm still in Big Bad Voodoo Daddy mode, so this run report will probably be short and bland.

I was supposed to run last night. It was 85º when I left work. For some this probably sounds wonderful, but I just can't handle it. I run great when it is 45º! So I diligently read Runner's World, had dinner and watched the Jersey Shore recap of the first three seasons. [Season premiere tonight .... you know you want to watch!] By the time the weather was at a good temperature for me I couldn't keep my eyes open. Sure, it was before 9pm, but I'm not as young as I used to be. 

Fast forward (way too fast) to 5am. My alarm went off. I snoozed a bit, then got up and slowly convinced myself to run. Eventually I was out the door for 3 miles. Unfortunately I procrastinated yet again, so I had to run faster than I wanted to. I did the 3 in 30, but felt like I was pushing harder than I really wanted. I mean that is my 5K race pace, and I wasn't really going for that today.

I did the run in my socks, skirt and shirt that I had picked out for the Disneyland Half Marathon (ONE month from TODAY!!). Looking at it, it was way too cute! I loved it. So out the door I went feeling great .... until I started running. That damn shirt kept riding up, making me feel not so cute. I guess RunningSkirts shirts are just meant for the girls with the flat, chiseled abs - clearly I do not have a washboard stomach. More like a keg, but whatever. I'm going to do one more run with my iFitness belt - fully loaded like it will be on race day, and see if that will keep the shirt where I want it. I also thought of cutting the very bottoms of the seams. The shirt is long and my dad's mother gifted me with hips. So that's part of the problem. I thought maybe if I adjust the seams and make a slit on the side perhaps it won't ride up? Other than that I loved it a lot! I have a back-up shirt ready, just in case. I might bring both down to California and decide on race day.

Run wise, I felt good. Ran too fast, but felt okay doing it. The park was packed. I saw 4 other runners, which is 4 more than I normally see in the morning. A few walkers, a dog, 2 separate fitness groups exercising in the park. I liked how active it was ... you certainly wouldn't know it was so early in the morning. 

So that's that. I'm so ready for this whole race vacation - maybe not physically, but mentally I've been ready for months!

5 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, I'm not physically ready either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way would I be running outside in this heat. Which running skirts top was it? The Princess shirt is definitely short on me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the red strappy top with the white polka dots -- matches the skirt. I even had to take out the padding in the bra area ... and I'm freaking flat chested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same problem with tank tops riding up on me. I haven't figured out why that happens, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome medal. It is very close - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº