Friday, October 21, 2011

I Was On TV. And Douching.

Today at swim class there were only 5 of us ~ 4 "students" and our "teacher". I'm so happy it ended up being one big gab session (um, Thirsty Thursday anyone??). We did get in some good leg and ab work, but mostly our jaws had the exercise. So there we are just sort of flopping along and one woman motions for us to all come in close. 5 women huddled up getting all quiet. (I have NO idea how this even came up at all.) She tells us how a friend of hers decided when her husband passes away she is going to have him cremated, put into shotgun shells then go shoot them out in the forest. He was a hunter. She thought he'd like to be spread out that way. SO, the woman telling us this story goes home to her husband. She tells him, "Honey, I've decided when you pass away I'm going to have you cremated and put into my douche bag. That way you can have one last hurrah in there!" Bye bye silent pool area, cue the huge eruption of laughter from the 5 of us. These ladies are a total kick!

Yesterday we participated in the Oregon Shakeout - just in case we ever have a big earthquake here. I had my walkie talkie (you see me grab it off my desk in the following video) and I was in charge of evacuating part of the building and keeping people out. I actually had to run in and chase a guy out when he went flying by me to get in. I guess he just really wanted to pay on his water bill or speeding ticket??  Here's a collage. I'm in it! Can you find me??

Look at the top. See that girl's head as she ducks under her desk? That's me!  Look to the left. There is blond hair over a black jacket - just behind the woman in purple. That's me! Yeah, I'm pretty big in these parts. People know me. Don't believe me? Watch the video! I'm the star... right?  (The guy being interviewed is awesome - total Jimmy Buffett fan like myself, and got muddy with me at Warrior Dash!) And your challenge in watching this video is to a) notice the subtle plug for runDisney and b) find the world's strangest back of the head hairline. Got it? Okay, go! Find it!


Um, do I have anything else to add today? Nah, I think I'm good for right now. I might be back later. I mean I had a lot to talk about but my mind has gone blank.

7 comments:

  1. I saw your hair on the left, but didn't see you hiding behind the desk.

    Are we really supposed to hide under desks for earthquakes still? Good to know, I remember doing these drills in second grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap you're famous!!!

    The best part about the national earthquake thing yesterday is there actually WAS one in SF. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't do earthquake drills. Didn't know anything about a national thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my first time ever doing an earthquake drill. We only did fire drills when I was in grade school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh that is hilarious!! I can't imagine hearing someone actually say that

    no earthquake drills here, but I probably should have some idea what to do if a hurricane hits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, the douching story is hilarious! I was laughing so hard I was crying.

    We don't have earthquake drills here, but growing up, we'd always have tornado drills at school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and we did fire drills, too. Even in college we had fire drills. There was a memorable one where our entire hall was evacuated at 6:00 a.m. in the winter. Seeing everyone in their jammies was hilarious, but everybody was pissed off at being woken up so early.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº