Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let's Talk About ME!!

Kim over at (Just) Trying is for Little Girls tagged me, and since she could beat me up on Saturday at the race if I don't do this --and she said I can watch Titanic at her house!!, I am following along!  Now I shall copy/paste what she had (is it plagiarism if I fully admit to it?)

Here's how it works...in order to "claim" the award, I have to handle some business.

The rules of this nomination are:

I get to tell you seven random things about myself as well as pass on the award to seven other great bloggers (see below).

Nominees, in order to accept this award you must:

-Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
-Write seven random things about yourself.
-Award seven other awesome and inspiring bloggers.
  1. Every time I go into the bathroom at work I dance. It might be a ballet style leg kick in the air. It might be a twirl. No matter what, I always do it. Sshh. 
  2. I have worn the same exact pair of underwear for every single race (except for the Disney 5Ks right before the Half Marathons -- I can't double up two days in a row.) I'm in a pickle about January when I have the back to back half marathons. Do I wash after the first run? Do I just initiate a new pair?? So much to think about!
  3. Last night I was just accepted by a new doctor. Mine retired, then his first replacement left really fast and the next replacement was lame (I never actually saw him, I refused to go after my mom's experience). So now I have a new one, and for the first time ever I have a female doctor. I'm just used to old men doing all that "stuff" every year. This will be a new experience for sure!
  4. When I moved back to Oregon I went to work for the District Attorney. Because of this (i.e. working the felony desk and surviving 2 major death penalty trials) I had a very hard time making new friends - I was convinced everybody was a meth head, an identity thief or just completely nuts. I only really know people from work, old friends from grade school days and my bartender friend that I have deemed to be a new BFF. 
  5. Even though I go to the YMCA 3 days a week for my water aerobics class I have NEVER passed a swimming test in my life. I can't go underwater without plugging my nose. Diving? Forget about it. Not gonna happen. 
  6. Bruce Willis and I are besties. Demi Moore has huge knockers. I've hung out with Secret Service. Thank you, Disney!!
  7. I have a psychology degree from Oregon State University because my dream job is to be Clarice Starling and hunt serial killers. And yes, I'd LOVE to talk with them like she and Hannibal talked all the time. It's morbid I know, but totally fascinating. For the record, I would have shot Buffalo Bill BEFORE he took off through that disgusting little house of his and. But wasn't that a great scene?
Now I get to pass on the love and force  let suggest 7 of you to play along. I won't cry if you don't play along. But all the cool kids are doing it. Right? Wait, are we? Am I a cool kid yet? Please??
  • Rose. Um, obviously!
  • Giraffy. Um, obviously!
  • Lesley. Okay, so I'm picking all the girls gutsy enough to race with me.
  • Abby.  The next one to put up with me for possibly 3 races in a row!
  • Lucy. We were SUPPOSED to be in Vegas together. :(
  • Brooke. She's trying to drop off the face of the blogger planet. I'm going to drag her back in!
  • Christina. We have a birthday coming up!!!

Today's random photo:
Ooh - this reminds me, I've figured out my Las Vegas Half outfit! Inspired by Circus Circus!

8 comments:

  1. I'm not so good with the memes, so I will give you 7 random things here:

    1. I have to pee.
    2. "preggo" is my least favorite term ever
    3. my mom's least favorite word? moist
    4. I prefer palmer's peppermint patties to york peppermint patties.
    5. I am eating a palmer peppermint pattie RIGHT NOW
    6. I am Iron Man.
    7. dun nun nun nun nun iron man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are a cool kid. Titanic will be on. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky underwear huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, buddy! I have been having blogger's block and this is perfect.

    As for the underwear, wash em in the sink then take a blow dryer to them if need be the next morning. I wont judge I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you watch Criminal Minds? I think that would be right up your alley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wash the undies and wear them the next day, you can't mess with your good luck streak!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with Molly on the undies thing.

    I used to be afraid of putting my head underwater when I was a kid, so I'd always fail swimming lessons. But then (true story!) I started watching Baywatch and I desperately wanted to be a lifeguard. That dream helped me conquer my fear, and now I'm a very good swimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't even know anyone wore undies under running skirts. ;-). And uh, I don't go underwater and won't dive either, but not because I drowned in a former life (see, I read, even if I am far behind).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº