Friday, December 9, 2011

Let's Run The Strip! - LV RnR Photos

Screw the wordy details, let's just run this half marathon together, okay? Great! Wait, double knot your shoes first. I'll wait.      Garmin is on and you found your satellites? Perfect. Okay Runners Ready??? 10.. 9.. 8.. 7.. 6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.... GO!!!

Ready to leave Excalibur and get my race on!
Pre race concert
Cheap Trick
Warming up in the sardine packed corrals
Start line! Let's Do This!!
What a view! Best race setting EVER!!
The face of a very happy runner finally racing at her peak time of day!
The spectators watching from above Las Vegas Boulevard
LOVE.
I got to see the water show TWICE during the race!

Okay, that's great that you are all Elvis-ish, but a stroller during RnR? NO!!
Fins up, Parrotheads!!
PLEASE tell me that is padding. I couldn't stop staring at it. It looked so real in person.
Run-through wedding happening at the Mirage
Winter in Venice. It was so pretty!!
How are we doing? Enjoying the sights? Enjoy it, because our time together on the Strip is coming to and end and it's about to get real .... real dirty, real old and really fun!! (Fun if you're like me and you like to see the not-so-pretty parts!)

Finally at Circus Circus - the inspiration for my race outfit!
The Stratosphere really isn't that far away after all!
Did you drink the funky water? Did your food disagree with you? Well ... this is the perfect spot .....
Because we just passed Gass! ;)
Graceland Wedding Chapel
Shout out to the Hangover!! 
Half way done, let's turn around and go back now, okay?
Classic!
This stuff pleases me.... burnt lights, Bingo, the stuff we never get to see!
The Little White Chapel!
I love a corny hotel!
The clean up crew coming down Las Vegas Blvd
Please don't sweep up the aid stations yet!!
LOVED these signs!
In the middle of the huge intersection of MGM/NYNY/Tropicana/Excalibur. Shout out, Tupac.R.I.P. - VERY dizzy and disoriented at this point, if you can't tell this isn't my best look and I'm getting increasingly pale! Gotta be happy I captured my RnR LV demise on camera, right?

And if you have made it this far without vomiting or finding a potty, you're doing great! Let's push forward a bit more, the finish is just up ahead!
My "home" - ready to see that bed again!
And now we have a gap. Picture a sea of darkness and cranky, tired, cold runners and no order to the chaos. And then picture me dropping to the ground and people rushing to help. Clearly there are no photos of that!
Mine. Mine. Mine.
I can officially call myself an RnR LV race SURVIVOR!!
**If you missed the report, here's the short version .... super crowded. Any photos without people are because I took them with the opposite direction behind me, i.e. that part was still empty. And I ran AWESOME!! I felt so good until the very end when I, like nearly everyone else started to realize I was getting the RnR LV sickness. We shouldn't have fueled with water, maybe rum IS the way to go!?!**

6 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! It seems like there were a ton of organizational issues, but it still seems like a race I definitely want to run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, loved all the pictures. Good Times definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beer, even the Mormons drank beer when crossing the dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the photos!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to do this...bucket list run. I was married in VEGAS!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your Vegas posts! Looks like fun. Crazy about everyone getting sick. The running the strip at night still interest me...even with all the other chaos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº