To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
-Steve Prefontaine
Make it simple, but significant.
- Don Draper

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Now THAT'S A Happy Runner!!

First off ... thank you all so very much for your comments yesterday, they really do mean a lot and helped cheer me up! I probably shouldn't whine. I probably shouldn't vent. I probably shouldn't be so hard on myself. And I definitely need to ignore the mean minority! I'll work on it, I promise!! I've gotta get some tough skin - I've heard this more than once.

I'm hoping more photos will come through eventually because I swear there was a dead on shot at the finish area. I'm hoping anyway. But of the few I did get I have a hysterical shot of me around the10 mile mark when I was rapidly crashing, no longer sweating and starting to get chills. If you ever needed visual proof of my late-in-the-race crashes ... here it is.... I mean it is so bad I probably shouldn't share it. I look like I'm giving some death glare at some poor soul .... AND for the record - I'm going to buy my photos for this race but like I said before, I'm just hoping a couple more are added from the finish line first. So once I am confident they are done uploading, I will buy and no longer have that logo across the front. Anyway - enough procrastination ... here is a shot of yours truly not even having enough oomph to fake a smile!


However - let's fast forward 3 miles .... when I just got my final wind thanks to a very supportive spectator that witnessed a sight probably much worse than the one above ... he got me going again and once I came through the gates to Hayward Field and saw Pre's track and the finish line, well ....


That's right! I was freaking ecstatic!!  That PR and sub-2:30 was mine with 5 minutes to spare on the BIG "A" goal! I shall keep this photo handy next time I start to get down on myself!


12 comments:

  1. I love that smiling pic. That's really what running is all about, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! I think that's why I want to buy it. I need a photo up of MYSELF having a great time running! Might help me remember what's important!

      Delete
  2. Great smiling photo!!!!! Keep them spirits up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... I pretty much have the death glare in all my photos :D That last one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to hide the death glare, but clearly I didn't even register they were taking photos or I'd have faked it a little bit!

      Delete
  4. Thats fantastic well done an awesome PR - WHOOP-WHOOP
    (and for your last post .... ignore the numpTs :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall ignore! :) Thanks, girly!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe I actually want to pay for it - but these are the cheapest photos of any race I've ever done!

      Delete
  6. You are positively glowing!! You have so many reasons to be proud of this race.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº