Monday, November 5, 2012

Run 2.3, 2.4 - I'm Winded!

Taking such a huge break in running wasn't planned, and it is sure making for a difficult return. I'm trying so hard to get back to where I was. I think I'll try to not get strep throat anymore.

Saturday morning was my 3rd run since the Portland Marathon. It felt really good, mentally and physically, to finally be able to be out running again. The weather was nice and being out so early left for empty pathways, which is always a plus. The bridge triggered some Meniere's nonsense again, but after a brief pause to get my bearings we were back moving and finished it out. Nothing worth bragging about at all, but when I realize that just days before I couldn't even walk to the kitchen from my bedroom, I'll take any run I can get!

Sunday I wanted to do 8 miles for my birthday run. The best part? I had a new Skirt Sports skirt to test out AND the present I bought for myself for my birthday. Behold! Yet another pair of Adidas, and this time they are so neon they make my other bright pink shoes look pastel!  

These shoes are so freaking light, and when I held them up with the insert out, I could see through the soles. No joke! They felt pretty darn nice on my feet!

For the 8 miles I had us run over the river and through the woods .... not to my grandmother's house though. We ran along the freeway bike path and ended up at the county fairgrounds to stake out the building we have reserved for our Oregon wedding reception. Unfortunately an auction was happening so I couldn't go check it out easily. It certainly looks like it will be big enough! We visualized where chairs and tables would go --- so we'd have ample room for a dance floor! I plan on dancing the night away!!  

Most of the run was spent discussing Goofy weekend in January (on the way to the fairgrounds) and then planning our wedding events on the way back home. Time flew by! It did get pretty toasty, I was shocked. I regretted not bringing any fluids with me, especially when I resorted to using my hands as a cup and drinking out of a sink. Whatever works!

We finished out the 8 and felt really good about it. It wasn't any fabulous time, but right now I'm just trying to get my stamina back after the stupid sickness. New shoes help with that I'm pretty sure!

2 comments:

  1. I am a freak about the pink shoes!! <3

    Zillas unite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited about taking a break from running and it's only been a little over a week and I'm already ready to get back to it. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº