Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Run 2.5 - Election Night

While many people spent the evening watching election coverage I did not!

After work I was pretty excited to put on my new shoes, flashing ankle light, head lamp and flashing light on the back of my head and head out for four miles! It was perfect weather, clear and mildly cool. I loved it!

What I didn't love was how hard it is to get back my speed, not that I was at all fast. Strep throat wiped me out!! I feel almost normal, until I run. I was working so hard and felt I should be seeing low 10s on my Garmin. Yeah, 11:14 average pace for the four. Ugh. But I'll take it. Besides when I'm running I still feel the pain in my leg from the marathon so I won't complain. At least I'm back out running!

And so after the run I completely forgot about the election. I did some facebooking then had a yummy dinner .... With vegetables!!! Then Dexter. When Dexter ended I finally, accidentally, saw election coverage. Didn't last long. I saw the winners then switched to the Beverly Hills Housewives. Am I really supposed to believe Kim is clean? I'm not buying it!

And that was my night! Running and trashy tv!

1 comment:

  1. Only 2 months until Goofy. Gulp. And now I don't have a first marathon under my belt to figure out a strategy. eeek! Happy running!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº