Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Liebster Award

The Liebster Award nomination goes to those bloggers who have a following of less than 200 to promote other bloggers to comment and share - even get to know each other!

Jaime at The Unlikely Competitor and Jennifer at Red Hair and Running Shoes both nominated me for this award, so I guess that means I get double the questions to answer?!?! So I'm just going to get rolling on this one without any further ado!


1. Who is your celebrity or fictional character crush?
My longest running celebrity crush is the fabulous Sir Anthony Hopkins. He's just so dashing... and that voice? Ay ay ay. Also ... Mark Harmon. Love him!

2. What are your top five favorite books?
Five? Are you kidding me here?? Okay - Catcher in the Rye, Hannibal, Adam Carolla's In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks, Devil Wears Prada and .... um.....I hate reading ....

3. What is your most vivid memory from your childhood?
That's super hard! I think all of my most vivid memories revolve around our family cabin at Tenmile Lake. We spent so much time there and I can still remember the smell and sounds of the wildlife. Loved it there!

4. What decision in your life would you tweak if you could go back knowing what you know now?
I'd have focused more in grade school on science ... maybe then I'd have been able to be an astronaut? I kind of set myself up for failure with that one by not being a scientific genius by the time I was in fifth grade. But had I been an astronaut I wouldn't be living this glamorous life that I am today...

5. What kind of music do you sing when nobody is listening?
Usually it is made up songs that I sing to my pets using their names. OR Broadway - like late 80s/early 90s Broadway ... right now it's Les Miserables, which is to be expected.

6. Why do you blog?
Because I'm too lazy to write out things by hand anymore. I use it as my own journal to remember things. And then I started making friends on it, so that's my big drive - to keep in touch with everybody and babble to them about boring things like color swatches, wedding invitations and running all over the place.

7. What do you love?
Animals. All animals. Mostly my pets, but seriously all animals, even the ones that most people think are ugly yet I find them adorable ... babirusa, I'm talking to you!

8. What do you hate?
Hate. There's a reason I'm a FRUIT FLY in RAINBOW socks. I'm like a walking Pride flag!

9. What do you want most?
To feel calm, happy and secure in my life. I just want things to be easy going... I'd love to not have to be around any politics, be it global or even in the work place. I'd just like to be home with my happy little family (so like, um, that child of mine needs to be created and show up!)

10.You have a time machine! Where do you go? 
Back to when my mom was little and my grandparents were young. I see their family photos and always think it looks like life was just perfect. I'd love to see what my family was like in their younger days and see my grandparents being actual parents instead of the awesome spoiling grandparents!

11. And...the standard question - What would you do if you knew you could not fail? 
Quit my job, be a housewife, do anything I wanted and never have to worry about retirement money or health insurance!

And round 2:

1. If you could get on a plane and go anywhere, where would it be and why?
France. A quiet cottage in the countryside. I chose that because I've never been there, it is far from home and work, and it seems like the perfect peaceful retreat right now! And since I don't speak French I wouldn't have to engage in any conversation!

2. What is one major thing you would like to accomplish in your life time?
I'm sure it seems small since most people have it - and probably a lot that should - but I just want to have my one child!

3. What was your favorite class in high school or college and why?
Psychology. All the classes .... good thing since that was my major. **I started out as a Business major for 3 years, took Psy 101 and immediately switched. I liked it because I am good at it and it was so much fun! It just spoke to me.

4. What is one thing that always makes you smile?
My animals. Even during terrible times they make me happy. When my aunt passed away, my pets knew I was sad and they took care of me just as my human family did. They have that extra special little something!

5. If you were going to try a new hobby, what would you try?
Playing the cello! 

6. What is your favorite kind of music?
I like stuff that isn't "too" of anything. Not too poppy, not too metal, not too opera'ish. Let's just say ... Jimmy Buffett -- he's the best!

7. What is your favorite race and why? 
It would be expected that runDisney would have my favorite race, and really they do. I mean they are soooo fun. BUT the reason I started running has its own race ... the Prefontaine Memorial 10K. Steve Prefontaine was my motivation to start running and the inspiration I turn to when things get hard. So to run in his hometown, right by his house, and finish on his track, well as hard as that course is, it will always be my favorite!

8. If you could live anywhere for a year where would it be?
Boston. I loved Boston. It would be fun to really get to experience all that area has to offer. Plus I'd take advantage of how small those states are and travel to see other places ... like NYC!

9. What made you start blogging? 
I originally started out just writing about whatever. I think I was bored. I wasn't a runner, I was just someone that traveled a lot. Once I started running I actually got readers and my blog totally changed and became what it is today! (Although I'm a terrible blogger right now and seriously need to catch up on what everybody else is posting!)

10. If you could meet a famous person, past or present, who would it be?
Anthony Hopkins would make me too nervous because he is so cool. And then I'd have to confront him on the fact that he didn't marry me. Same with Mark Harmon. Michael Jackson. Yep, MJ. I just wanted to be his friend. I felt he got a bad rap and was misunderstood.

11. What is something you have done that you are really proud of?
Goofy!! Easy one! For newer readers, I used to not be able to run around the block. I did c25K and had 2 5Ks picked out. My goal was to be able to run one without walking. My 2nd 5K race was in Disney and that was my first time running 3.1 non-stop miles. From their the running and racing addict was born. Never in my wildest fantasies would I have thought I'd do a marathon, let alone a half marathon ... let alone Goofy!


I should nominate people, but this is so long and I'm home sick today and need to lay down. Perhaps when I have nothing to talk about I can keep the nominations going! As it is I'm cheating and writing this on Wednesday to post on Thursday. Slacker!!


2 comments:

  1. Great post. It's neat to learn new things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your answers! Hope you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº