Thursday, October 24, 2013

The First Dance

It's been quite a while since the Shawnda wedding, and I haven't really posted much about it. Fine, some might think it is a lot, but for this happy newlywed girl I feel I was pretty quiet.  So for today's post I'm keeping it short and simple.

Our first dance!

This happened two weeks after the wedding, back home in Oregon. We spent some nights at home in a darkly lit living room practicing. Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum found it's way into my drinks as I worked on choreography.  MF even helped out with some of the ideas. Friends from my old dance lesson days would probably recognize some moves; girls from Stripper 101 in Las Vegas should see things they remember doing as part of the bachelorette party; and pop culture fans should find some things in their that they know as well!

The first part is cut off.... we started dancing to Let's Get It On and apparently my mom felt a need to interrupt and tell us to clean up our act, we had older family members and the doctor that delivered me present!


If you notice a lady in the background buckle over and almost spit her champagne out of her mouth ... that's my mom! And she clearly was just realizing what was going on!

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº