Saturday, March 15, 2014

All Sorts of Procrastination

All the men from my wedding!
Since I last posted I was in my first car accident as a driver. I was rear-ended on the way to work. The sad thing is I pretty much saw it happening. First the driver behind me almost hit me because his face was buried in his phone. Luckily he looked up and stopped just in time. Well then the next thing I know, his face is back in his phone and his big truck is coming right into the back end of my car. I was NOT pleased. Fortunately I wasn't hurt, just got a little stiff and sore as the day went on. But now my car is fixed and looking as pretty as ever - cleaned inside AND out! Yay!

My new family has moved out, returning to their various home hours away. *We even had the company of our Best Man all the way from Alaska! It's been eerily quiet in our house. It used to be two stories with 4 cats and a dog, and various amounts of people (never less than 6) living here. At one time we did have 15 people and all the pets in here at one time. Now it is just Man Friend, myself, our two cats and my dog. Davey Jones has been hanging out more often as well, which makes me happy. Davey, as you may recall, is the cat that was here when we moved in. 

We had a fun family day at the coast last weekend. We had a two vehicle caravan to Bandon, Oregon. It was so nice there! No rain, but a TON of wind. Crazy wind. Windiest I've ever been in other than the three hurricanes I had to go outside in when I lived in Florida. Getting out of our house and just being silly with everyone was needed I think. Saved us from a case of cabin fever, a la The Shining!


Teaching my sister-in-law about housewife life!
In running news, I bought myself two new pairs of shoes a couple of weeks ago. I am loving the New Balance shoes I picked out solely because they are bright turquoise and hot pink. They are just so light and I swear they put a bounce in my step. I've been regularly running, just not the longer distances I used to. I decided I am training for Ragnar 2 mile runs at a time! And so speaking of Ragnar, I've officially started laying out all of my race clothes and gear. For those of you that haven't done a relay before, they seem to be pretty strict on what you MUST have and things you CANNOT have (sorry, Captain Morgan, you have to
stay home). I've never lived in a van for two days before, so I am trying to make sure I don't forget anything important ... like deodorant! We are hitting Las Vegas on our way to San Diego, so that's extra stuff I have to figure out how to pack. So stressful... and I love it!

And lastly, anybody else heading to Walt Disney World this November for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon? That race (both the half and 5K) sold out crazy fast, and I am happy to say Man Friend and I got in before it was capped. Phew! I've already booked a hotel room and watched my vacation planning DVD a couple times. So what if I go every year? I NEED to plan, dang it! 

Now I must stop procrastinating. Now that it is just the two of us in the house we are attempting to unpack and decorate. I'm getting rather sick of cardboard boxes so I should just get busy and move in!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous about you doing a ragnar. I am dying to do one at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will be sure to report back on how the Rangar is ... I predict tons of fun!!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº