[Insert obligatory "end of year" post here.]
This has been a pretty [insert adjective here] year. It's had some sucktastic moments. It's had some crazy fun moments. Huge things have happened, for the better and the worse. Shall we do a very quick (for me) recap of what's gone down? Let's go!
- We bought a new house and moved in!
- My new family pretty much all moved in two weeks later so we could spend some quality time together with my mother in law.
- Sadly we had to say good bye to her two weeks after that.
- I embraced the role of housewife for my afternoon hours, spending a lot of time experimentally making desserts and dirtying up my apron.
- Man Friend and I got to run 200 miles from Los Angeles to San Diego with friends we temporarily lived with in a mini-van.
- I gave in, after much debate with my ego, and bought a cane ~ nice and colorful because why be boring?
- My Meniere's Disease seems to have spent a lot of time trying to kick my ass and sidelined me from a lot of the running and races I would have normally done.
- We through an awesome pirate party ~ and it WILL be an annual event!!
- For the first time ever, I got to be a bridesmaid! My Maid of Honor got married and it was an absolutely wonderful evening!
- I got to visit Seattle twice, and stayed in a hotel room that probably had a bloody, dead body in the closet. I refused to open it to find out.
- I learned that I pretty much need to be drugged if I'm going to ride in a car for any length of time ~ thank you Meniere's Disease, messed up depth perception and nerves!
- A new best friend unexpectedly entered my life ... and helps keep me sane during my agitating road trips.
- Even with minimal running I somehow channeled an inner strength that I had ignored for a while, and started enjoying it in a new way!
- Life flipped upside down and an 18 year old boy lives in my house now.
- My patience level is pushed to the brink more than I'd like. I've learned pain killers (from clenching my jaw too much), and coloring books can be relaxing!
- Not helping my stress level, I pretty much lived in a hospital with Man Friend for a week while he had a couple of unplanned surgeries.
- I went to see Jimmy Buffett again. Fins up!!
- The mother of all events happened .... I finally went to Canada!! I've wanted to for 35+ years, and a week before I hit 36 I finally crossed that imaginary line and had instant tears of joy!
- Walt Disney World treated me well as I celebrated my birthday and capped off my runDisney must-do race list.
I am very ready to say hello to 2015! I have no idea what lies in store for me.
- I have vowed to return to the dermatologist for my check up and make sure I don't have any other spots to worry about. Seriously, my scar from last year's surgery still bugs me every day.
- I've procrastinated, but I will go back to the ENT for my annual hearing test I skipped, and to discuss the worsening battle of my little friend Meniere's Disease.
- I'm excited about visiting Alaska for the first time! I want to see a moose!!
- The Rangar Trail Relay is on my radar and I'm so ready to be able to run again so I can start preparing to scale a mountain a few times!
- I'm very excited about the vision of the day that it will only Man Friend and I finally living alone together in our house house. We haven't really had a chance to be the happy newlyweds, and I'm more than ready for that!
Who knows what else is going to be tossed at me without any warning, but I do know that I will get through it, as per usual, and be able to find a positive from it, now matter how shitty things might get! It's just what I do!
And also, I think I need to plan a trip to Las Vegas. My biological clock is screaming at me that I am overdue for a little indulgence in Sin City!!
So Cheers to 2014 ... you were [adjective] .... bring it on, 2015!