Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekly Run-Cap: My Nemesis

Run 31.15: 63 degrees, rain   I had so many things to do. But what I wanted to be sure to squeeze in was a run. I had new bluetooth headphones arrive that I was eager to test, so I had extra motivation. The rain didn't even make me hesitate for a second. Garmin? Check. Hat? Check. Headphones? Check. Shoes? Check. Time to run!!  I was thinking so much about the headphones and trying to form an opinion that before I knew it I was over a mile in and just cruising along. As I neared the house of the asshole dog I saw the old dog wandering around. It was walking toward the house and I figured if I crossed the street just right I'd avoid it. That worked! I continued down the hill and up the next and made the turn around to head home. Or so I thought. Sure enough the little 6 pound asshole dog came flying down its driveway in full attack mode. Dammit!! I could have tried to avoid its attack, or turn around and attack my running nemesis ... THE Hill. It's a monster. I've been slowly building up to sometime tackling it. Here I was, already with sore legs and feeling exhausted, and now scaling the side of a mountain. Baby steps. One object to focus on at a time. Holy cow this thing was No Joke. When I got home I saw I had over 200 feet of elevation climb ... pretty sure the majority of that was just in that one hill.  Damn asshole dog!

I have no photo. I had no other run. It was a very strange week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº