Wednesday, September 30, 2015

12 Weeks: Sickness Ups and Downs

August 8, 2015  I've thought a lot about my mother in law this week. During her last days battling leukemia she had some pretty rough moments with nausea. I am able to get myself to the bathroom in time, but physically she couldn't. It had to have been miserable, but she was such a strong woman I don't think she'd let on to us about that. My grandma was also a very strong woman that went through so much. Well I wish I had their toughness right about now!

Sunday I couldn't keep anything down. I ate small bits of food before heading to an early movie. Before I could even leave I was throwing up. During the movie I had a little popcorn. I didn't even make it through the whole movie without running out and getting sick in the bathroom. Then at night I had tried a small, gentle dinner. Sure enough that came out too. By the next morning I realized I couldn't work. I was so weak and still throwing up. Misery. I thought the all day sickness was supposed to ease up around now.... Still waiting!

At work I feel like a television show actress, always carrying papers in front of my tummy or standing up behind a tall chair. When I start wearing a poncho to work in the summer then we know I've really lost it!

I had blood work done at the doctor's office. The lady that did it was GREAT! Best blood draw so far, and she took 6 vials. I barely felt the tiny needle go in, and she was gentle I couldn't feel any switching of vials. She said I probably will have blood taken 4 times over the course of the 9 months. Knowing she is the only one that will do this there really puts me at ease!

At 11 weeks 4 days I felt great!! I had Lucky Charms for breakfast and brushed my teeth with ZERO gagging. The work day I felt energized, which is so rare!! I hope more days like this happen for me!

11 weeks 5 days - NOT great. False alarm!

11 weeks 6 days was my visit with Maternal Fetal Medicine, which has a post of its own.

Other things I noticed this week: I've had multiple men try to one up me without even knowing anything or what is going on in my life. I fought back any blatant mocking of their whining. Sorry, but if you haven't been through all I've been through this year, don't you dare try to even say your little hiccup is worse!!

And I've figured out why pregnancy is expensive .... it's the food bill. You get a craving and buy certain foods. Then those suddenly seem horribly gross to you and therefore never get touched. I have a well stocked kitchen right now let's just say!

To round out and hit 12 full weeks of pregnancy, I can happily say that I feel great today!! I brushed my teeth with no issues, had breakfast and it stayed it, danced in my bedroom, and really just finally had energy! Will it last???

AUGUST 2015
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
1
11 weeks pregnant
Progesterone
Estrace: M E
2345678
Blood drawMaternal Fetal Med.12 weeks pregnant
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
9101112131415
OBGYN13 weeks pregnant
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
16171819202122
2nd Trimester!!14 weeks pregnant
23242526272829
15 weeks pregnant
3031

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº