Friday, September 25, 2015

8 Weeks: aka 2 Months aka The Bump Is Here

8 weeks with twins - the size of a raspberry
July 11, 2015  Here I am, 8 weeks pregnant! It feels like I was just sitting on the 10th floor at OHSU discussing options and statistics with Dr. Wu. Now I'm sitting in my recliner feeling like a bloated whale you see washed ashore on the news!

It was this past week that my mom noticed my little baby bump. I can't even suck it in anymore to have my tummy appear flat. I'm trying my best to wear clothes to hide it, but obviously it's not getting by her! Man Friend and I want to ideally wait until the end of my first trimester to make any official announcement, but at the rate I'm going that might not happen -- especially with twins, as of now!

I'm pretty much sick all the time. Dr. Wu suggested I try small meals every 3 hours. I try. I pretty much never want anything, or am starving and my eyes want it all, then I try to eat and it doesn't work very well.  I had my first day of crazy cravings, and Man Friend obliged without hesitation. I had to have Umpqua Dairy vanilla ice cream (non-Oregonians, I feel bad for you, Umpqua Dairy is THE best!), soft peanut butter cookies and a thick crust pizza from Round Table with black olives on it. That pizza was the best thing I've had in days I think!

Not all injections go so smooth....
that's blood that ended up IN the needle, too!
My right butt cheek is VERY tender. It sometimes feels, if I barely move the wrong way, as if my muscle is tearing in half. I've had some pretty restless nights not being able to sleep due to pain from it. Ice has been my friend! But there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I made my last order with the pharmacy. I now know exactly how many more pills and shots I need to take. August 16th will be a GREAT day!!! It is day 1 of my second trimester and day 1 of NO drugs besides my daily vitamins!

Like I said, I feel like a bloated whale. I read that my uterus has doubled in size since the start of this, so that would probably explain the bloat! I'm making sure to enjoy this as best as I can since I see pregnancy happening only one time for me. I do have more potential babies at OHSU still, but if I don't have my twins this round, then it's an only child for Man Friend and I, and a spoiled only child it will be! But as of now I AM carrying twins and until I learn otherwise my mind is preparing for two little cutie pies to dominate my life!

JULY 2015
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
1234
6 week ultrasound
TWINS!!
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
567891011
7 week ultrasound8 weeks pregnant
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
12131415161718
1St OBGYN visit9 weeks pregnant
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
19202122232425
10 weeks pregnant
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
262728293031
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº