Friday, September 25, 2015

9 Weeks: Zombie Mode Activated


Week 9 - the size of a green olive
July 22, 2015  Saturday I was officially 9 weeks pregnant. 9 weeks already?? Crazy, but true, and boy is my belly telling me about it!  I keep feeling fat, like I'm just getting fat versus pregnant. But then I look head on at my body when applying my Vitamin E and see my normal figure with curves and all. Head on I look the same. Then I turn sideways, and, well .... you can look to the left and see what I see! It's getting harder to disguise it since I don't have a huge selection of loose, flowy shirts. I might need to change that soon!!
Week 9 brought a lot of sleep and throwing up. Now it's becoming normal to throw up while trying to brush my teeth, which then means I have to hurry and brush again and rush to make it to work on time and not look like I was home puking my guts out only a few minutes before. My sense of smell is also out of control. I feel like I could compete with animals in the wild that find their food with their sense of smell. I can tell you that this pregnant lady is NOT fooled by a 19 year old trying to play innocent. I can pick up on the sense of marijuana, especially when your laundry is saturated with it, and it is nasty!!  Food and I don't get along. I FEEL super hungry, then eat hardly anything and am full. Last night I had a mini cup of applesauce for dinner and that's it! Also I can't bend over if I'm sitting down. I mean physically I CAN bend, but does it feel comfortable? No. I'm always noticing these crazy feelings in my uterus .... which leads me to twins.....


I hate not knowing how they are doing. At OHSU I had regular ultrasounds. I always knew what was happening inside of my body. I heard their heartbeats twice already and saw them beating. Now I've gone a couple weeks without seeing them. I feel things changing and my uterus with these pulling sensations and non-stop bloating feelings, but I want to SEE the babies and know what's going on. I'm always tired. I cannot go without my daily nap. It just HAS to happen and now I schedule it into my day so that I can get other things done as well. The morning sickness is still all-day sickness and actually increases as the day goes on. My nurse, Millicent, is still always at my side, even if it means she is sprawling and taking up more space than I am! So while I'm taking care of myself, getting rest, and loading my house with fruits and "pregnancy super foods" I still have no idea how my small twin is doing. Next week I finally go to the doctor, but even that doesn't have an ultrasound as far as I know.
I've spent a lot of time reading all things baby and twins and twins growing at different rates. And believe it or not, watching Flipping Out on Bravo has helped! Jeff and his partner are looking for a surrogate so they can have a baby. Seeing their reactions to learning all that medical science can do reminded me of our first meeting at OHSU and all the excitement we had seeing the possibility of a baby in our future! As the fist trimester gets closer to an end I find myself more nervous. So remembering those first feelings helped my mind a little bit.

JULY 2015
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
1234
6 week ultrasound
TWINS!!
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
567891011
7 week ultrasound8 weeks pregnant
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
12131415161718
1st throwing up!1St OBGYN visit9 weeks pregnant
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
19202122232425
10 weeks pregnant
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
262728293031
OBYGYN
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº