Thursday, September 24, 2015

Digesting My New Life



My new Bible
July 4, 2015 Sinking in? Is it? I think so. I'm expecting my emotions to be a complete roller coaster now, but for the most part I am actually really excited about my TWO bundles of joy being created inside of my very bloated tummy right now. Having never had a baby, EVERYTHING regarding babies is new to me, so why not double it??
Man Friend (seems kinda silly to have him still be MF here when clearly is he my husband and now father of my babies!) and I visited the baby section at a store the other night. I'm not buying anything yet, but it was fun to see what sorts of things are out there. What do I need? What would be fun but not necessary? OMG we have to have 2 car seats! 2 high chairs. 2 2 2 2 2 2 2. Two for the Tews! We even looked at possible new vehicles for me so I can travel around with my little duo. Oh boy!

I have a new book I'm trying to diligently read to help prepare since all of this is new to me. Could that cover be any cuter? Seriously. I guess my bloated tummy is okay since inside I'm working on creating tons of little rolls!

Yesterday my mom and I had an unplanned trip to Eugene that resulted in shopping and lunch. And this is when I've realized eating and I just don't work. I'm either too nauseated to eat, or I feel really hungry and then once I have food in front of me I don't want it. Or I have a bite and feel full or sick. What did go down nicely, however, was this strawberry Chillatta from Cinnabon. I was hot, tired and thirsty at the mall and went to the food court expecting to walk away with water or a Pepsi. But then this caught my eye. I must say, it was quite tasty!

Shopping wise, I made my first visit to the Macy's Motherhood section. Let's discuss Macy's and their so-called coupons. They never work. I don't know why they bother. I swear whatever you actually want to buy, the coupons never apply. No maternity clothes are covered with their coupons. Gee, thanks, Macy's. I did get a couple of things from the clearance rack though. JC Penny's at Valley River Mall doesn't even have a maternity section! Lame.

I've been trying to remember statistics I learned from Dr. Wu. I feel like I probably wrote them down at some point.  Due to my age (sigh) she felt transferring two embryos was the best option, with frozen embryos having higher success rates. It was something like we put in 2 hoping for one to work. There was, I think, a 30-35% chance of abnormalities with the embryos which would keep them from "sticking". BUT if both of them were normal and healthy, it was a 40%  chance of twins. Through this whole process I've always been an overachiever. I had more eggs than expected, more blastocysts than planned, and now more babies that I paid for. Wooo!!!

My Pinterest boards have gotten even bigger. I'm feeling happy to find so much on twins there, and have been using it to help us with nursery ideas, and what to expect body-wise.  Through Pinterest I found a video of some twins communicating in their own little language. My dear Tinker Bell (my 15 year old sidekick cat) was wedged on the couch between MF and I when we watched the video. She was NOT impressed with all the baby noises. Guess I better start getting my #1 girl prepared!

In normal life, my pool is done. Fresh paint, fresh sand for the filter. New light for nighttime swimming. With temperatures getting to the triple digits, and me already always being the hot pregnant woman, I am very happy to say I can finally get in the pool and resume my water aerobics and try to maintain a happy, healthy pregnancy!

JULY 2015
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
1234
6 week ultrasound
TWINS!!
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
567891011
7 week ultrasound
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
12131415161718
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
19202122232425
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
262728293031
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº