Monday, September 21, 2015

hCG Overachiever?

June 23, 2015  Pure exhaustion. That's the only way to describe how I feel these last days. Always thirsty. Always going to the bathroom. Always tired. My boobs hurt and seem to be filing my bra more than they did before the IVF adventure began. My hips and butt are pretty much always sore. Stinging, welts, red rash, bruising ... progesterone injections are something I won't miss. This picture doesn't fully capture just how bad it looks - and it actually looks even worse now. That's just one small section we snapped photos of for the sake of journalism. Man Friend is very good with the needle and gentle with injections, but still after so many nightly injections I guess one can't help but show the effects. So any women heading down this path .... be prepared to have a less than flawless backside!

Here's my routine.... I wake up crazy early before my alarm every day. On weekends it seems I am always awake before 6am, ready to go to the bathroom. I take my estradiol pill and 3 vitamins. At 7pm my alarm goes off and I take my second estradiol pill.  When I'm thinking of sleeping my alarm goes off at 9pm to tell me it's time for my progesterone shot. I end up grabbing my blanket, bent over on the bathroom counter and focusing on my breathing. A cotton ball gets held in place by my underwear and I crash in my bed with my water next to me. During the day I do what I can - work, dishes, try to stay awake.

I mixed up my routine last week by going to Eugene to do some shopping. Coming into very hot summer temperatures with my new IVF tummy, growing and sore boobies, and a tender tooshie .... new clothes were in order. Trying to find summer clothes in the "normal" sections that will help cover up a growing tummy proved to be challenging, but not impossible. I think next week I will do it again.

Next week -- I get my first ultrasound as a pregnant woman! While shopping I got my phone call to schedule what I believe she said would be my 6 week 1 day ultrasound next week. Wooo!!!! I'm so curious to see if it will show just how many people are trying to grow inside of me. Why curious?...

I had 2 healthy embryos put in. When I got my official "you are very pregnant" phone call they said my hCG level was 419, and they like it to be over 100. I had my second blood test done, with them hoping the results would be over 800. Do you think I made it??? Uh, yeah, my hCG number was 2153. Clearly I am an overachiever in this area of my life!

As far as other pregnancy symptoms, it appears that they have the phrase "morning sickness" but for me it is actually night sickness. I often lay in bed and find myself deciding if I need to get up to throw up or not. As of today I still haven't thrown up or had any dry heaving ... yet! Woo!!!


JUNE 2015
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
123456
Embryo transfer!!!!!
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
78910111213
Refill Estrace
Progesterone ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
14151617181920
Blood TestPositive Test Result!!Phone appointment
Blood Test #2
Progesterone ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
21222324252627
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
282930
ProgesteroneProgesteroneProgesterone
Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº