Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Just A Medicinal Update

May 20, 2015  For 5 days now I've been on an additional medicine, this time in pill form. Dr. Wu said it will help calm the side effects of the Lupron after a few days, and I am happy to report she is right! I haven't even had a single hot flash today, but the day is only half done. The new drug is Estradiol. Naturally I have felt some effects from this, but just the standard. It may cause dizziness, so of course the girl with Meniere's Disease would notice that! Also I find it makes my stomach a little more sensitive. Nothing worth complaining about, I just feel nauseated more often. 

Starting tomorrow I begin taking it twice a day, then three times a day next week. I am so happy OHSU sends me a calendar with it all scheduled out, plus I am constantly referring to my own calendar below to make sure I don't mess up. The Lupron dosage decreased the day I started these pills, so I'm still having to pay close attention when filling my syringe to make sure I don't accidentally double up.

Mood wise I haven't felt the "Lupron Rage" in days, so that's nice. But also I realize I just don't give a shit! I can't put into words how stressing IVF is. I don't feel stressed, but it's overall huge. Emotional, physically, psychologically .... it's my main focus in life. Going through all of these processes and losing my Grandfather in the middle of it before I had a chance to even tell him .... it's really put life into perspective. Having a baby, coping with the loss of Grandpa, trying to help guide a step-son to a successful future, spending time with my family.... all of these things far outweigh most things. So when others are worked up over trivial nonsense, I just don't give a shit! Maybe having so many intense life events happen all at one time isn't such a bad thing. I must say not letting others have any effect on me feels great. I feel almost relaxed and at peace and able to just focus on my family and the process of trying to make my own new little family. My frozen embryo transfer date is just over 2 weeks away, causing me excitement and total nervousness. But it is also helping me to focus on myself and what I need to do to relax and be ready. It feels great! 

So I will leave this post with this quote my mom shared of Meryl Streep. I think it says a lot!
I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I've become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me. I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities. In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal. I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement. Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals. And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.
MAY 2015
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
12
Begin Lupron injectionsLupron
3456789
LupronLupronLupronLupronLupronLupronLupron
Last birth control pill
Run Track Town 5K
10111213141516
LupronLupronLupronLupronLupronUltrasound/blood workBegin Estrace pills
LupronLupron
Estrace: M
17181920212223
LupronLupronLupronLupronLupronLupronLupron
Rock'n'Roll 10K
Estrace: MEstrace: M Estrace: M Estrace: M Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
24252627282930
LupronLupronLupronLupronLupronUltrasoundProgesterone injections
Estrace: M EEstrace: M N EEstrace: M N EEstrace: M N EEstrace: M N EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
31Notes:
Progesterone ProgesteroneM: Morning N: Noon E: Evening
Estrace: M EEstrace: M E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº