Monday, September 7, 2015

Preparing for a Frozen Transfer

April 16, 2015  And here I am again, feeling back at the start of the process. Today I finally had the long awaited appointment with my actual doctor, Dr. Wu. Luckily we were able to have this one on the phone since it was essentially another consultation where I learned the next steps. I went to my Grandpa's house to be alone and sit in his kitchen spot where he took care of his paperwork. There I was with my calendar and my pencil, ready to learn and ask questions and find out what lies ahead!

For now my life is just my 3 daily vitamins (D3, B12, prenatal) and for two weeks, birth control pills. Yes, again here I am trying to get pregnant and back on The Pill! If you think about it though, it makes perfect sense. What does a birth control pill do? It prevents ovulation. I've already released, via my retrieval, 10 eggs that resulted in 5 frozen embryos. So I don't want my body to ovulate and try to release another egg and then have another period.  So let me back up!

Today I started The Pill, and my body is in the process of getting rid of the prior thick uterine lining that was ready for the embryo had I done a "fresh transfer" as originally planned. Oh my gosh, ladies, let me tell you -- I don't know if it is because of all those fertility drugs and deliberately making a thicker lining, but this period?? Damn! I have been wanting to pop Midol like crazy and just be home in jammies. A period unlike any other in my entire life. So now let's get to what the future holds.

To refresh, I have 5 healthy frozen embryos waiting for me. I did NOT have the fresh embryo transfer as planned because my blood levels were wacky and high. They didn't feel I would have good results with my numbers so high, and my body really did need to recover from the major bloating caused by Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. Now that I'm back to "normal" I do feel refreshed, more energetic, ready and excited to continue!

Dr. Wu told me this is about a 6 week process. I will get my new protocol and dates set with my nurse soon. The process will be much easier on my body this time, too! I will be taking birth control pills for two weeks, giving myself Lupron injections for two weeks, estrogen pills, and finally progesterone injections in my butt 6 days before the embryos are thawed and transferred into my uterus. During all of that I will have one ultrasound to check for suppression and make sure nothing is happening with my ovaries. Then another ultrasound will happen to check the thickness of my uterine lining. And lastly one final appointment to transfer the embryo. Pretty darn simple, the hardest part is going to be the waiting.

APRIL 2015
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
1234
Egg retrieval 9amPhone appointment
(10 eggs)(10 embryos)
567891011
Phone appointmentPhone appointmentPhone appointment
(9 embryos)(3 frozen embryos)(5 frozen embryos)
12131415161718
Granted permission forGrandpa's memorialPhone appointment
a brisk walk/easy jogStart birth control pills
19202122232425
2627282930

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº