Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Lamaze: Week 3

So much happened this week that I don't even know where to start or how to summarize it! My mom joined Man Friend and I this week, since she is half of my labor team... and to cut to the end, she and I NEVER got the giggles, at least not this week! I was first again, so I could get "my spot" and my mom quickly followed. The three of us then left to go to the main birthing center to talk about getting a tour later this week. The only experiences I have at the hospital are negative and involve the ER or small hospital rooms. I felt like if I could see the actual area I'll be giving birth in maybe I can better visualize and prepare.

We started off class talking about how we had our first Lamaze baby birth over the weekend. A cute little boy! 1 down, 6 to go. I wonder who will be next?!?! I predict I'll be #5 if we all stay in order of our due dates. But only time will tell!

Before we did our breathing we covered a variety of topics .... early signs of labor, the placenta, mucus plugs, water breaking, umbilical cords, etc. We reviewed the stages of labor that we discussed last week as well. Oh, and the Group B Strep screening that we will all eventually have at week 36 of our pregnancies. Yeah, so apparently they swab not only the baby exit but the OTHER exit. Gee, I can't wait. For me that will happen next Friday at my regular appointment.

Breathing exercises were different for me this week, in that my mom took the lead on the massaging, getting coached by Man Friend on the property technique and suggestions of things to say to me. We learned some new breathing as well. I can tell it's one I'll want to practice more before next week's class. My favorite new addition to our class was the birthing balls. I always enjoy sitting on the big bouncy ball, but getting massaged at the same time is quite nice!

Highlight of class? I can sum it up in one sentence:

Girls, Grab your balls!


JANUARY 2016
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
12
33 Weeks
3456789
Lamaze ClassBaby Shower34 Weeks
10111213141516
OBGYNLamaze Class35 Weeks
17181920212223
NST monitoringLamaze ClassHospital TourNST monitoring36 Weeks
24252627282930
Babies R UsNST monitoringLamaze ClassNST monitoringOBGYN37 Weeks
31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº