Friday, September 8, 2017

WDWCP: Cheers!

I swear I did work during my college program, and maybe we will get back to Frontierland tomorrow. But I thought why not have a shorter post and cover something taboo that happens at Vista Way....

Underage drinking.

Remember, I was only 18 when I started my internship. Only 2 of our roommates were 21, so it wasn't like we had raging parties in 3101! I DID talk to my mom about what to do if I end up with alcohol being offered.... "just don't mix your alcohols!" was her advice. At least she didn't try to say DON'T do it!

Well, as college kids do, a party was thrown over in the building by the hot tub, and we were invited. Marcy and I showed up, looking like total Oregonians, and completely inexperienced with drinking.

I'm going to interrupt myself here and discuss fashion. It's like the whole group of interns was clued in on current fashion and we Oregonians didn't get the memo. I felt like we really stood out in our college t-shirts, Teva sandals and khaki shorts. In a lot of photos you'll see me actually in other people's shirts or in things I bought while I was there so I didn't look like such an Oregonian!

Back to our story.

Juan and Benji ... dishing out the shots
There's not much to tell, but I can say obviously underage drinking was NOT allowed. Getting caught would result in termination and the crushing of my Disney dreams. The smart thing to do would be to not drink. So technically I didn't. But I did have my first Jell-O shot!

I didn't get caught.

Another night I went to a pavilion party, which was right across the parking lot from our apartment. Those parties required a deposit to rent the space and usually resulted in loud evenings, dancing and drinks all over the floor. And this is when I tried Jungle Juice for the first time. Don't mix alcohols? Oops. My bad. It was pretty tasty!

But that's it. My entire time I only broke the rules twice! I'm an angel I tell you....

Of course don't ask about alcohol consumption at OSU. Or during my second college program. Or at Jellyrolls. Or while Drinking Around the World. I have pirate flowing through me, I like my rum!



See ya real soon! °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº