Wednesday, September 27, 2017

WDWCP: Earning Our Ears

Part of our experience was attending seminars in a big conference room at Vista Way and doing some elective courses at the Disney University. Upon completion of these things you would graduate with either a Mousters Degree or a Ducktorate. I was so shy about speaking in front of people, and still would hate to do it 20 years later. So because of that, I had done all of the work to get a Ducktorate but didn't want to present it to the entire group, so in the end I proudly went home with my Mousters Degree... which you will see later in this series! We also left class with our own graduation caps.... complete with those iconic Ears!

On this particular day it was cold (to me) and I was getting over being sick, so please forgive the outfit. I pretty much wore my Disney Look business attire.... with my Ron Jon Surf Shop t-shirt underneath for extra warmth. *Shaking my head at myself*

This was near the end of our program, so Danielle and I took advantage of the free day and sunshine and went on a farewell tour of Vista Way. I invite you now to come along as we start to say good bye to the most life changing experience I've ever had!

Here is building 31, my home. We were 3101, the bottom apartment, on the left. Our location was great. Right by the basketball court and pavilion, a short walk to the Clubhouse, and very close to our seminars, pool #2 and the bus stop!


I took a photo of the sand volleyball court that I used NEVER!


At the Clubhouse we ran into Doug, one of our seminar teachers that we really liked and respected. Danielle almost cried getting this photo taken. We were a little emotional about it ending, okay??


Here is the Clubhouse. This is the central hub of everything. If you need anything, you can go here. Mail. Vacuum cleaners. Information on events going on. This is your place!


This pond we walked by all the time when going to/from Walgreens. Those are "my" pet ducks. I also had a pet frog that lived at our apartment door.


Here is the entrance. That's the security guard shack that you have to stop at if you are a visitor. Residents get the faster lane on the outside. And those of us walking on the sidewalk still have to flash the ID to get through. I know for a fact the walls are short enough to hop over in certain spots. I won't say how I know, but I know.


Pool #2 in all of its glory! And this is a nice way to see the full apartment buildings. They are pretty, I think!

We ran into Ryan, from our seminars, also doing a farewell walk around Vista Way. I always thought he was a classy dresser. Check out his hand.... old school video camera!! Nice! Of course in 1997 this was not old school at all!

And finally we are back in our building, and this is our view looking across the lot to the basketball courts. And that's that! We've said good bye to the Learning. We are nearly done saying good bye to the Earning. And way too soon it is good by to the Living.



See ya real soon!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº