Thursday, September 21, 2017

WDWCP: I Have A Hot Date!

Let's take a break from Disney for a while, okay? Okay!

Everybody knows Florida is gator country. So you shouldn't be surprised to hear there is a miniature golf course in Kissimmee with alligators!

Vinny was a local. Well, he is from New Jersey, but he and his family lived in Florida, so he knew all the places to go. We had many nights out to places that weren't on Disney property. One night that really stands out was our date to go golfing at Congo River Golf!

This miniature golf course was impressive! It wasn't our standard flat course with a windmill to try to aim your ball at. This had all sorts of terrain and obstacles! It looks like, according to my journal, there was a hard course and an easier one - we chose hard. My grandma always told me when you do a sport on a date, always let him win.

Sorry, Grandma! I didn't let him win, and I kicked his butt! I got par for the course, and Vinny - let's ignore his school. I mean, I didn't let him win, but I didn't need to rub it in either, right?!?

I don't think there is much to say about a night golfing. It was mini golf. It was super fun! We always had fun though, no matter what we did or where we went.

He took me to Old Town in Kissimmee, which had a lot of tourist type shops and classic cars. We also visited Publix where he used to work, went to Epcot all the time, the Marketplace, the Boardwalk. We went to a lot of resorts, too. It was fun to get to explore places other than the standards that I saw nearly every day. And we were a great pair, so it was awesome to see all of these things with someone that I really liked. 


If I recall, the photo above is taken right after I kicked his butt! Sorry, Vinny. ;-)

Look at the photo below. See that drop? That is the course!! I told you - not your standard, flat miniature golf course. I mean it had stairs for Pete's sake!!



And here are the "serious golfing" photos. Please don't judge us on our form. I always loved that photo of me because my hair almost had a reddish hue to it. Golfing with a pencil in your mouth is key to winning, FYI!




See ya real soon!  °o°


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº