Monday, September 25, 2017

WDWCP: It's A Jolly Holiday Post



I've always been with my family during the holidays, so being across the country for the biggies was a first. Our apartment came together, and we still made sure to celebrate with each other since we were officially family at this point!

I slept in on Thanksgiving, feeling lucky to not have to go to work that day. I spent probably an hour on the phone with my family in Oregon, then got to help Zaira prepare our feast. I was only allowed to help peel the potatoes. Side note: earlier in my program my grandma made me mashed potatoes and then them sent FedEx to me in Florida - they were still cold and fresh when they arrived!

At this point we only had 4 of us in our apartment because Sarah and Marcy had decided to end their programs early and were already back home. Danielle, Zaira and I all sat to eat together for Thanksgiving -- our honorary roomies and Brenda all enjoyed theirs later. If I couldn't be with my family in Oregon, this was a great substitute! Vinny was sick, otherwise I would have had him join us for a while. And in true Thursday night form, Danielle and I finished off Thanksgiving at Pleasure Island! What a night that was - Danielle touched one of the band members of Panama and we even got to go backstage!

I spent Christmas Eve with Vinny's family. I was so nervous! I had already met his dad on my birthday, but now I was meeting his mom, grandma, sister, 3 brothers, some in-laws, a cousin and I think a few other people. Their Christmas Eve was nothing like I've experienced. His house was full of decorations from top to bottom. I loved that! What was different was the menu... and the music. We had spaghetti! And I heard, for the first time, the song about Dominic, the Italian Christmas Donkey! I had no reason to be scared, everyone was really great and made me feel so welcome in their home!


We spent about an hour at his home before heading to the Studios, which were closed. So we ended up at West Side to go to see a movie. We bought tickets for Titanic, but since it is so long we ended up going to see Scream 2 instead. By the time Vinny took me home to Vista Way it was after midnight, and technically Christmas!

Our apartment now had 5 official roommates. Amy had joined us, filling in Sarah's vacant bed. She was keeping her Cast Member status by coming to work for a few weeks. Seeing as it was after midnight, and all roommates were home, we decided to celebrate Christmas and do our big gift exchange!


Really, looking at this photos would you even think it was probably 1 o'clock in the morning? It was a full blown present party, and even Christmas food! 


Even having a new, short-term roommate didn't change the vibe. It really did feel like one big family!


Some of the cool gifts I got included: Brer Frog, a Christmas Tigger, a piggy bank, bubble bath, a Timon doll and another Tigger toy. Finally around 2:30am we called it a night and went to bed!

Given the time this was taken, I'm gonna put money down I was talking to Vinny and NOT Oregon!

On Christmas Day I was up around 10:15am and on a shuttle to the Magic Kingdom. I never actually made it out of the Utilidor because they said the park was so crowded and security was watching the entrances up into the park. And someone said, "Stay away from Pecos! It is so busy, they will make you work!" So I technically made it to the park on Christmas, but then went back home and started packing for my return to Oregon in the next few days.

Our new roommate, Amy
I always loved this photo because
Brenda had a bow stuck near her butt!
I spoiled myself with a nap since I was completely alone in our apartment that day. What did I have for my fancy Christmas dinner? Mac and cheese, tater tots and some biscuits. I spent a while on the phone with my grandparents. I wouldn't dare go a holiday without talking to my Grandma and Grandpa!! They were anxious for me to come home! And my Grandma assured me that when I thought I saw Frank and Cody Gifford at the Polynesian Resort I was correct! She watched Regis and Kathy Lee every day, and Kathy reported they had been down in Orlando!

Christmas fell on a Thursday that year, so I went by myself to Pleasure Island, determined to never miss a week. It was pretty quiet and raining, so after a half hour I was home and passed out in my bed.

What a holiday season it was!


See ya real soon!  °o°

1 comment:

  1. What did Vinny get you for Christmas? That bow is on a quality butt! Love me some jean butt. Lmao

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº