Saturday, September 23, 2017

WDWCP: I've Been A Bad Bad Girl


October 1, 1997. Oh my gosh. A night that I will NEVER forget!!! 


During the day Sarah, Danielle, Marcy and I went to TGIFriday's for some food. That was very welcome because really, I never ate much during my entire College Program experience. Aside from a few special meals out, which you've read about, I pretty much lived off of peanut butter cracker sandwiches and toast. 

Earlier in our program I had been on the phone forever with Ticketmaster. Man, it would have been awesome to have the internet back then. I was on hold so long I could have just gotten in a Vista Way van and gone to the House of Blues ticket window faster. Why was I on hold? I HAD to get concert tickets. Concert tickets for an artist I still hold very dear to this day. She is brilliant. So dang talented. Not afraid to speak her mind. 


FIONA APPLE!

 *Some of you already knew this would be about her based on the title. For those of you yet to discover the genius of Fiona, that is the opening line of her most famous song, Criminal.


Not everyone in apartment 3101 appreciated her, but this was a must-do for Sarah, Danielle and I. This was a night where I HAD to borrow clothes from a roommate because my wardrobe just wouldn't cut it. We had a good time getting ready, and eagerly got on the 7:30pm bus to Pleasure Island for the concert at House of Blues. 



The line to get in was quite long, but moved quickly. We hit the potty and I bought a Fiona Apple tank top. Then we made our way down to the main floor. The tickets were general admission, so we had freedom to go wherever we wanted. We ended up maybe 50 feet from the stage? IF that. She was right there!!

The opening act was Hooverphonic and I found them so uninteresting. When Fiona came out, it was just... I have no words! I can't explain my love for Fiona. That's the brilliance of her. She says what you want to say but don't know how, and she says it in the most melodic way possible. The poor little thing was sick, but you'd never know it when she was singing. Little is right - I even see I wrote in my journal "Fiona Apple rocked. She is so small, I want to be just like her." So there ya go - the thoughts of an 18 year old Ronda! I remember at one point someone shouting out that they want to marry her. She replied back, "I tell you and I'm sick and you say you want to marry me?" Ooh, the sass she has... love it. At this point my mom is reading this and thinking "she's so angry!" I took my mom to her concert years later and she just didn't understand all of us younger women loving such an angry person so much. She's Fiona!! You either get her or you don't. I get her! And she wasn't angry at House of Blues. She was perfection!

Hahaha, omg, I am looking at my journal to see what did we do after the concert.....
  • Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express (pizza/garlic mashed potatoes)
  • Home at 12:35am
  • Forced Marcy to listen to stories about the concert. (Marcy and I never shared music taste.)
  • Watching the Weather Channel.
  • Oregon was having a tropical storm with 55-60mph winds
  • Marcy pried into my love life
  • In bed at 2am
I told you - I write down everything!! Most of this blog is all off of memory, but sometimes this mundane stuff is too funny to not share.



See ya real soon!  °o°

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº