Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Merry Christmas, Shitter Was Full!

For some, the Griswold thing is just in the movies... for some of us, it oozes deeper into our lives! And this is a photo journey of SOME of that oozing!

If I wasn't feeling lazy, I'd show you a photo of my dad running to the gate of a closed theme park. There was NO way we'd pass up the opportunity. Our running was at King's Island, not Magic Mountain, but the sentiment was the same. Obviously we parked far away - gotta beat the crowds out at the end of the day! 


Instead this will focus on Christmas, Griswold style!

First we start with 2014. A simple text conversation led to the creation of a Christmas Vacation costume party! Don't let that photo by the pool fool you - this was in December... but did Cousin Eddie hesitate to put on his Speedo, grab a beer and hit the pool in December? Heck no, so why would we skip out on that??

I spent a lot of time preparing Griswold inspired food. First up, remember that poor cat that got fried by the Christmas tree? Well, we had that fried cat on a cake! For those that are curious, it was white cake that I turned into rainbow. And the fried pussy cat is made of melted chocolate.




My character for the party was Aunt Bethany, so there was no way I could show up without a Jello mold, complete with faux at food toppings and BBQ potato chips. Also for those that might be curious, it wasn't just lime (like Aunt Bethany's) but it was for adults ONLY! That is one giant Jello shot and it was all gone in no time at all!



Shall we check out some other costumes? How about another Cousin Eddie, complete with too tight of pants and a dickie! Hey - don't get dirty on me! And Clark in his house decorating attire!


Shawn did NOT last all night in that Speedo - which he did make himself!! And I didn't last all night in mine.... but I did switch to my hockey jersey since Clark and Rusty are often seen in hockey jerseys. *And that would be my prized Ovechkin jersey I got in Canada after seeing the Capitals play. Side trivia for you!


Here we have Cousin Eddy times TWO! Oh man, if only you could have seen this in person!!!


Here's my actual costume ... although I don't think Aunt Bethany could ever sit like that! And that would be Uncle Lewis under me.


Here, let's get a little closer - to check out the way Uncle Lewis seems to really care about his bangs?? And his earbuds... well, at least he was grumpy like Uncle Lewis!


Let's fast forward to 2017. I had no motivation to create an outfit, I had no desire to legit get dressed... but I had a strong desire to make Shawn and I wear Griswold shirts! 

Katura would have been decked out if people that make stuff realize that some of us parents aren't schmaltzy and boring and would love the chance to dress out child up in something fun!!


Not exactly the same pose - but sort of close when there wasn't any attempt at all to mimic this!
But now that I think of it, I think we DID recreate that in 2012!??!

And now I'll end this - with just SOME of the Griswold ornaments that decorate my tree! Note: so far my tree has NOT had any sap, isn't full at all, and doesn't house any squirrels.... YET!


1 comment:

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº