Saturday, January 20, 2018

Shamrock Training - Week 2

Two weeks are now done, and the "easy" part is over. Crazy as it sounds, I am really excited to have my daily and weekly mileage begin increasing. My first two miles are always the hardest and worst. By the time I'm finishing a 5K I finally feel loose and am in a rhythm. So I'm very eager for the long distance to be my normal distance again!

This week all of my running was in my own "neighborhood". Can you call it a neighborhood if you live out in the country and can't actually talk to a neighbor without going for a mini walk to see them? I do run by horses, so maybe I run through a neigh-borhood. Get it? Okay, yeah, I'm rummy.

The first run was so darn hilly, and you can see that in my expression in the first photo! I said to Shawn, "Why does it seem like it is uphill both ways when I run here?" He replied, "Because it is!" So there ya go!

The next run was happily done quickly. Why? Because we had torrential downpour going on, and I was able to sneak out during a part of mild rain versus Winnie the Pooh blustery day type of weather. I DO love running in the rain though. I think subconsciously I want to be done quick, so I always run faster!



And finally, the last of the "easy" runs. That was today. Mile 1 was awesome, and just as I was hitting the first mile mark I got to say hello to a couple of adorable little deer! Mile 2 felt rough at first, due to the steepest hill happening, but I had to turn around and therefore I finished that mile while going downhill. I love me some good downhill running! And mile 3 was nice because it was the end, but it was painful because my tummy suddenly hated me. AND incredibly annoying because the dentist office as texting me an appointment reminder and requesting I reply to confirm. Seriously? You already sent me the post-card that is on my fridge! And mostly, this was going on during my big finale to All That Jazz and it is really hard to build to a finish when the song is interrupted by Darth Vader breathing. Rant Done. And week 2 is done!

A couple of days off, and then I'm back at it, I expect pushing a stroller - which is an extra workout and I love it!

Countdown to Race Day:  1 month 25 days 18 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº