Saturday, January 27, 2018

Shamrock Training - Week 3


I said all of my recaps wouldn't be all happy and glowing ... this is one of those!

The first run of this week started and ended at my house. It was the "uphill both ways" route again. It wasn't all that bad, except I did have to just pause and get my balance part way through. But I managed to smile, get going again and finish it nice and strong!



Run number 2 started and ended at my mom's house. I had thought it was going to be torrential downpour, so I opted to have my mom watch that cute little baby of mine, versus pushing her in the stroller. Well, it ended up only have a slight amount of rain, but still, better to keep the girl dry inside. It was totally an Oregon type of run where I had a variety of weather, had on a short sleeve and long sleeve shirt, and brought both a hat and glasses -- all prep for rain and sun, which I got! Run wise, it was awesome. Somehow it ended up being unplanned speed work and felt great!


Finally, the "long" run. I say it with "" because while it is the longest so far, it is still short compared to my normal distances in the past. This time I did a loop in a different rural area. I got to talk to some hungry sheep, look at the empty vineyards, smell some possible roadkill in the bushes, enjoy the distant landscapes, and have a really freaking hard mile. All thing were going great. I was listening to the BLT Podcast and the distance was flying by thanks to that distraction. And then it happened. I kept telling myself to fight it but I had to give in and take a break. That damn Meniere's nonsense reared its ugly head and I couldn't see straight enough to continue running straight enough, and not risk falling into a ditch. That was mentally tough to do - to just stop and stand around for a while. I was bound and determined to not give up, so I did have a hard time for a while, but I eventually got through it and had another great finish. I don't fully feel satisfied with that run, but I am very happy I kept going and did get back into my groove and finish!


Next week is an easy one - the plan basically builds for 2 or 3 weeks, then backs off a hair, then rebuilds even more before backing off a bit, and then builds again. Hopefully next week will be all smiles from me!

Countdown to Race Day:  1 month 18 days 15 hours 40 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº