Saturday, February 3, 2018

Shamrock Training - Week 4

As predicted, this was an easy week. This was the calm week between the weeks where mileage really increases. Easy weeks mean nothing much to report on!

The first run was another lucky one where I left when the rain paused, and it never started up while I was running. Go me! Although I DO love to run in the rain, so this lucky streak I have is kind of taking away some of the fun. Oh well, nothing to complain about. That first run was at my house, my usual run from my house down to the horses and back. 


I had to take Katura with me on the second run, so we went to a different area where I don't have as many blind spots. In my area I can't push a stroller because there is no shoulder, and some places the visibility at the corners is pretty weak, which wouldn't give me or cars time to adjust enough for a stroller... or so this worrying mom thinks. So we go to a different place where there still isn't a shoulder, but there also isn't much traffic. On this one there is plenty of visibility except for on some of the smaller rolling hills - which I then try to do quickly to minimize time to encounter cars. So far everyone has been great and moved way over to allow us plenty of room. This is another route where we run to some different horses, turn and run back. Katura LOVES this route and pointing out all of the animals she sees as we go. That makes it even more fun for me!


Finally, the last run of this easy week. We did the same path with all of the animals, and this time go to see a lot of dogs, as well as those horses she likes to watch. On this one I learned I'm not the only one that uses a church as the parking spot for exercise. I encountered to women walking, and when I had view of the church on my return I saw them getting into the cars I had parked by. At least I'm not the only one borrowing the lot for fitness! 


That concludes week 4. Next week things really ramp up and I'll be running twice as many miles as I did this week. So excited!!

Countdown to Race Day:  1 month 14 days 15 hours 33 minutes  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº