Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tales From the Turntable: Vista Way Becomes Vista Lay

Wanna hear about that infamous Brazilian party in Vista Way?


Here is the clean version:

The interns from Brazil had a party at Vista Way and invited a bunch of us Americans from Kali River Rapids and Maharajah Jungle Trek. Lucky me, I got to train the hot one! We all showed up. Had a party. Drank a little and went home. End of story.

Family members, you can stop reading here and go about your business. Bye!



Here’s more of the story... with a certain amount of censoring still being done because if you weren’t there you don’t deserve to know every single thing! And thank you to some partners in crime for their contributions and jogging my drunk ass memory!

It was a normal night for the Brazilians, but to us Americans it’s a night we STILL talk about. It was 2002 okay. For nearly 16 years this party has been talked about. I don’t even know whose apartment it was at frankly. I got signed in to Vista Way by someone and just followed the crowd I guess. I think it was Poliana’s but who knows. And who knows if I even have her name right. Alcohol.


I feel like we just walked in the door and were immediately drunk. I didn’t drive, fyi. I think I got dropped off at Chatham and Herb drove me over. I know he drove me home, as well as Jeff and “Pepcan”. So I guess we had one sober person? Sober-ish?

I imagine there was music. It was a Vista Way party after all. I don’t recall any dancing like we did during Puerto Rican parties in my 1997 Vista Way apartment. And we had conversations. This is where I censor the story. If you were there you can smirk and remember some of the things that were discussed and taught.

Mary and I were pretty much attached. She was such a fun girl. We called her Pecan, which I think originated with popcorn and her family? I still call her Pepcan. I can’t help it. And she’s the cutest little Pepcan!


Jeff was my fake boyfriend and you’ll definitely see a lot of him coming up. John was also there, and they were both in yellow fleece jackets. That must have been the style! On more than one occasion I borrowed Jeff’s, and this was one of those nights. Pepcan had John’s on, which I wore John's Yankees thingamajig, making us girls twins and even more attached! Man, I miss her. Thank you Instagram for letting us remain friends!

There was a lot of attachment of sorts happening that night. And drinking. And yeah, then this and that and all these things that I am picturing and not writing. John, stop laughing!

Things we can sort of share...
  • One person made out with at least two different people during the party and went home with one of them.
  • One made out with two different people (one of those being the same from the above statement!) and then went home to a third person.
  • Someone’s underwear was discovered in the pocket of someone’s jeans the next morning.
  • Someone went missing and others went on a drunken search through Vista Way to find that missing person.
  • That missing person was spotted leaving a bathroom with another member of the party.
  • Some took bets on how long until a couple of people made out. (They never did, crazy enough!)
  • A few people made out after the party.
  • And one girl tried to kiss another. (It was declined.)


Just a regular night. And one more reason it is nicknamed Vista LAY!

See ya real soon! ºoº

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº