Wednesday, January 2, 2019

I Hide Cookies

In the spirit of a fresh year of new blogs, here’s the latest!

First up - the hospital is OUT OF COOKIES!!! What???? Screw those healthy resolutions people start. I want my hospital cookies. **Thankfully I have part of a snickerdoodle remaining, hidden in my closet away from toddler and husband eyes!

I went back to work today for the first time since Friday before Christmas. It was tough, not gonna lie. I enjoyed being out of the house, but it wasn’t even 30 minutes into my day when I started yawning and struggling to focus. Four hours isn’t long at all until your brain is battling you and your drugs are making you a hot slobbery mess!

Work itself was a minor challenge mentally but I think I got everything taken care of and in order so I can finish off the week with success. I’m being optimistic!

Don’t tell him I said it, but I have a pretty awesome husband who takes great care of me behind the scenes. My mom took me to work, he and Katura picked me up. I was fed, and then taken home so he could go take care of the important stuff. 

Back up — had a great convo with a coworker that has experience with brain stuff and surgeries. She gave me great advice on what to do to be my own advocate and get all of my records. Thank you!!

So that’s what Shawn is doing. He’s gotten me an appointment with a doctor next week. From there it is predicted I’ll be referred to a neurologist in a different city. If you read my IVF posts you know I won’t do serious medical things here. I want the BEST care!!! My prescription is being refilled which means more fun of drooling Ronda at work for a few more days. Woohoo! Party at my desk! You’ll know mine by the half naked Aquaman doll next to me. I’m not kidding. We are also getting all of the records and MRI scans from my ER visit. Our goal is to have it all so we can be proactive in getting my fixed!

I cannot keep living like this. I have new running shoes that need to get dirty. I’m in a new running skirt that hasn’t experienced sweat yet. There is fresh air out there that I want to absorb. My body just feels like a limp noodle. I have no strength or energy. It’s an effort just to sit up or get up to go to the bathroom. Heck I even resorted to a bath versus a shower the other day because I couldn’t stand up. I’m gonna need a new bed at this rate!

Things are hopefully moving in the right direction and I just cross my fingers it will be faster at finding what’s wrong than the year long Ménière’s Disease diagnosis process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº