Thursday, May 28, 2020

WDWCP97 Journal. Days 35-36.

Date: October 14-15, 1997. 
Places: Epcot Center, Party pavilion, Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Ron Jon's Surf Shop, Doc Holliday's Surf Shop
People: Roomates, Dan, David, Joe, Justin, Doc Holliday, Josh, Scott, Scott. Ok - for Josh, Scott and Scott. They all live in building 31. They came over after the pavilion party. One Scott is from Seattle and is a CP alumni. He is Goofy at EPCOT. I liked him, he was cool. Wow! A character in our apartment. How exciting.
Sights: World Showcase, Atlantic Ocean, Ron Jon's
Dining: Nacho chips & quesadillas in Mexico, Pizza Hut buffet - Cocoa Beach, McDonald's - Cape Canaveral
Lodging: Vista Way
Expenses$10 - food in Mexico, $3 - donuts @ Dunkin Donuts, $22 - Mickey Mouse & lapel pin, $4 - souvenir cup w/Coke, $50 - tattoo, $4 - McDonald's, $6 - Pizza Hut. $26 - Ron Jon's shirt, pin

What a couple of days this was!! Something became permanent, and I was introduced to the absolute joy and beauty of Epcot! You can't keep me away from Epcot now. Sure took long enough for me to get there.

Tuesday I was supposed to work but I've been feeling bad (this is 100% true!) 7 Sarah, Danielle & Marcy were going to EPCOT, so I called in sick. Joe answered when I called in sick (manager Joe), so I got to talk to him. 
We all went to EPCOT & of course I had to buy stuff. We ate dinner in Mexico......


Okay, Sarah & Danielle told me they were going to Mexico for dinner that night. Having no idea what Epcot was like it didn't even occur to me that they meant the Mexico pavilion. I thought "Wow, these girls are so rich that they are hiring a private plane to go to Mexico for dinner? Who are these people?" Seriously. I'm not always the smartest. Alright back to my journal....

.... I didn't care for it - it cost $66.83!! Muy expensivo! 

Note: I ordered essentially a quesadilla I would build myself. I had 4 tiny tortillas and some warm goat cheese. Lesson learned. Apparently I hate goat cheese. So I paid way too much to have tortilla chips and tiny tortillas.


Germany is my favorite country - I think I'm biased! Honey, I Shrunk the Audience was awesome. I actually screamed and jumped. I need to go back & do it again. We tried to watch IllumiNations25, but I couldn't see very well.

Sarah, Marcy & I went to Dunkin Donuts so we could have breakfast tomorrow. We (all but Zaira) partied at the pavilion. Dan was there, so I got to talk to him - he cracks me up. (I found out he's Luis' roommate). Marcy got drunk along with Danielle. I was only tipsy. David was all over me. We went to bed at 2am & I was at up 6:45am to get ready for Cocoa Beach.

I'd like to clarify that David and I did not go to bed together at 2am ... all of us 3101 roomies did!! I wasn't going to bed with anyone ever - just wanting to clear that up!!

First thing, we went to Ron Jon's Surf Shop (bucket list item checked off!) Danielle paged the 3 of us in there - embarrassing. Of course I bought stuff.

Next, we went to Doc Holliday's Tattoo Parlor & got appointments. After lunch at Pizza Hut -> the beach!!!

Marcy & I took off running straight into the water. It was very warm & salty. I could not keep  my bikini top on at all. I scraped my leg on the sand body surfing. Atlantic Ocean sand seemed to be so different from Oregon sand. We tried to lay in the sun but got cold & antsy, so we went back to Doc's.
So glad  I believed I was obese..... ugh.
Sarah was 1st & pierced her belly button. 2nd - ME!! It didn't hurt like I thought it would. Only once did it hurt, but then it was over. Marcy was 3rd, then Danielle. Marcy got Eeyore on her left thigh; Danielle -> Dream in Japanese on her left um-below underwear line. *We had to have them where you can't see them in a swimsuit per the Disney Look guidelines. Everyone there was so nice & it was very clean. Not like in the movies! 
After 3 hours at the tattoo parlor we went home, stopping in Cape Canaveral for McDs. We are all very, very tired. Oh yeah - Justin came by before we went to bed. Annoying! What is with our room & dorks? *We were probably THE biggest dorks in the entire college program, okay?!? 



As if these two days weren't memorable enough, in the next post I share the story of our run-in with the law!


~ See ya real soon! º0º ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº