Sunday, September 19, 2021

I'm Not Leaving. You Can't Make Me.

I don't want to go home!!!!!  *picture me stomping my feet with a frown on my face*

I woke up to the sounds and motions of the ship. Yeah, that was the ship docking at Port Canaveral. I dreaded looking out that window and seeing the continental United States waiting for me. But there it was. And it was wide awake. We were still in our room, thankfully dressed, when there were people ON OUR VERANDAH helping to prep the ship for the next sailing! TWICE I saw dudes go by our verandah! So here's my friendly tip, if you're going to be at all nude, keep the curtains closed now that you're back on land!!

I got ready really fast and made my last walk through the ship to pickup our thumb drive of all of our professional photos. Juan gave me our little envelope. I enjoyed him. He took our fun pictures of Katura and I at the beach with our drinks! 

It is a strange feeling on the ship that early in the morning. Some people are already lining up to leave. It was quiet. Everybody seemed sad. It is like this feeling of denial. You want to have the chore of getting off the ship go quick and smooth, but you also don't want to actually get off the ship. You don't see characters anywhere. The stores are closed. You CAN go get food in the main dining rooms or Cabanas. We didn't do that. Had we been allowed more time we would have been having breakfast at Animator's Palate with Ikbal and Noel, but the Disney bus was leaving early and we had to be on that bus or..... or stay on the ship forever???!!!!

Leaving the Dream and getting through security and customs was way too easy. We had a porter help us with our luggage as well, so that was nice. We had just enough tip money left for that. Phew! And then the bus ride....

It was depressing. And went too fast. Too fast? Yes. We were at the airport so dang early. Too early to even check our luggage. We had to hangout in the food and shopping area with 2 large suitcases, 3 roller carry-on bags, 2 backpacks, a duffle bag and a stroller. We weren't alone. The family waiting by us with all of their luggage was the same family we rode to the port with at the start of our cruising adventure!

And then finally the drama of trying to get home... you can watch this video to see how that all played out! At least we didn't have to DRIVE home like we did on our last Florida vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº