Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Anything and Everything

  • I can't eat Cheerios without studying every bite to make sure there aren't any shrunken kids in my cereal. I won't ask if it is just me that does that because I don't think I want to hear the answer!
  • For maybe 3 or 4 nights in a row - yeah, probably 4 - I have had dreams with Steve Prefontaine in them. But he is alive and well, and I think he might be my nighttime boyfriend now. I won't ask if this is normal, either! I am pretty sure if he were still alive we'd be besties. Yeah, definitely. ..... Don't do the math, I know he's older - older men love me!
  • Speaking of older men ... can we all agree that Mark Harmon just keeps getting hotter and hotter as he gets older?
  • I got this dvd for $5 that had 3 different movies/documentaries on it. One was the 6 Degrees of Helter Skelter. It was pretty interesting, not what I expected, but I'll watch it again. One was from the Discovery Channel and just okay. And the third was a Ted Bundy movie. I was sad that it wasn't Mark Harmon's movie.
  • I am really torn about New Year's Eve. All of my friends are married with children and probably doing family stuff that night. This is the first time in years I haven't had to stay at work late to work on our annual financial report. I don't necessarily want to go out to our gross bars though. I'm not really into that whole trashy meat market scene in this town. There is a race at 11:59pm that I want to do, BUT Ryan Seacrest is hosting a show and he said that NKOTB/BSB are going to be performing together on it. So it is a matter of NKOTB versus racing. I really want to finish/start the year with a race. But it is New Kids on the Block! And I don't really want to kill my legs trying to get a new PR when I will have to run 7 miles for the first time ever two days later.
  • I stayed home sick after lunch yesterday. I ended up wrapped in blankets watching Grown Ups and the Back Up Plan. They were both good. I actually laughed a lot during Grown Ups. It did make me realize that now that the Las Vegas Rock 'n' Roll half is less than a year away, well, I should start doing research on my back-up plan. I have no idea how long all of that will take, so I probably shouldn't procrastinate.
  • Re-reading my bullet point about the serial killer movies, I feel like I should point out that I have a psychology degree (because it is fun and comes easy to me) because I really want to be Clarice Starling and hunt serial killers. I have been fascinated with all of that ever since I went to opening day of Silence of the Lambs when I was in the 7th grade. I'm harmless, I swear!
  • I have officially been divorced for 4 years and 1 week as of today. Let's have a little celebratory Freedom party, shall we?
  • I missed the lunar eclipse. I was in bed texting with Sushi Guy and reading Adam Carolla's new book. I highly recommend reading it! OOh - I should just make my own giveaway and share a copy with someone. I just adore Adam. I don't even know if I should admit that I agree with probably 95% of the things he rants about. Our biggest disagreement? Pizza crust and Jimmy Buffett. Seriously, how can you not like Jimmy Buffett??
  • Thanks for all the reassuring comments on my blog yesterday. I know I can do it (??)... but at  times I wonder if I'm crazy! Heck, I've registered for 3 half marathons already without ever having run more than a 10K EVER! Go big or go home, right??!
  • And that is all!

8 comments:

  1. Go big or go home, I'm right there with you! You are going to be so amazed at what you will accomplish in the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tape the Ryan Seacrest/NKOTB/BSB show and go running? Then watch NKOTB when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Mark Harmon is good looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the 11:59 race the one here in Eugene? I'm thinking about it too. Could be a lot of fun! And as for your halfs next year, you'll rock them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Laurie -- yes, it is the one in Eugene! I really feel like it is fitting to end and start the year with a race. But it is an hour from home - and then there is the whole NKOTB situation. (And I don't have DVR or recording abilities. Dammit!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I crazy? Who is Mark Harmon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, good ol' NKOTB! ha! :) I say do the race but then again, I wouldn't do it because I'm a wimp when it comes to late nights...I feel awful the next day. And seriously? seriously? you would make me a CD?! Ahhhh, that would be AWESOME! :) But no pressure...if you ended up having free time one of these days...Ha, that is hard to come by. :) Good luck making your NYE plan.

    love your infatuation with Steve Prefontaine! :) So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does Sushi Guy have a DVR or VHS? Because then you can run, and visit with him the next day to discuss your run, watch the EPIC show, and perhaps even eat take-out sushi

    FTW!

    Happy running and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº