Monday, December 6, 2010

I Accidentally Lied to You

It was only a week ago that I lied. I didn't know I was lying at the time. And maybe it isn't a lie. Maybe I said I thought something. And it wasn't set in stone.   I told everyone I was done shopping.  I really had every intention of being done. But then my tummy happened.

I was wearing the shirt that I thought I'd be racing in on Saturday. I was running and noticing that it kept creeping up. By the time I finished the run I looked down and felt like I was looking at Santa Claus' bare stomach. :(  There is no way I can wear that in public at a race!! *Note to self: Must do abdominal exercises of some sort.*

So I had a last minute scramble. I don't want to wear a shirt from a prior race to another race. And I have to match. I needed a black shirt. Long sleeves. So out of necessity I was on a mission. And whilst looking for a new long-sleeve black shirt I found others. $100 later I walked out of the store with a new sports bra, an Under Armor headband that I might possibly be regretting, the black shirt and ..... my new official Disney Princess half marathon shirt!  It is salmon pink with long sleeves. I have decided to pair this with my black/pink/white skirt to wear at the 1/2 marathon! Seems fitting - although I will feel a little bad not running in my Prefontaine shirt.

Somehow he'll be with me. He helped me in that last race (when I swear I saw his face, sort of like when people see Jesus in their food), so maybe he'll come on a little trip to Disney World with me?

This weekend I plan to pick up this particular book about him - that I will use as my family Christmas gift exchange present. I trust nobody would be foolish enough to take it from me when I grab the gift I brought. My mom and I will work out a plan so I get it in the end anyway - we always do! I wouldn't say I cheat at the game, I just like to have a winning strategy! One year my mom and I worked it so we both went home with the new Sound of Music DVD. Trust me, in my family of musicians, that was a hard one to pull off!

I'm ridiculously about this upcoming expo!
And I'm making little care packages for some fellow Princesses! I just can't go to a fun event empty handed. Leave it to me to be the crafty one that has to make people things. Perhaps it is because I have no Christmas gifts to buy this year? Who knows - but I am excited about my little care packages - whatever they may end up being!

13 comments:

  1. Um, do I get a care package? I like GLITTER AND PINK! I'm totally jealous that you have your outfit picked... TOTALLY.. but that's OK I have time, is it going to be so cold I need a long sleeve? Will I freeze to Princess death!? God I hope not.. All I know- Black Skirt (with pink shorts attached) hot pink laces.. that will be the bottom half of my outfit when we high five each other in real life, at the beginning, end or during this awesome run in February~!
    xo- Rad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine you'll be all toasty and enjoying your banana wearing your medal and ready to run again - and I'll come crawling across the finish line. Okay - maybe I won't crawl. BUT if I HAVE to crawl, I'm going for 100% drama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My punctuation in that last comment was HORRENDOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do tell, what's in the care packages?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, are you racing in a costume?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No idea what is in the care packages! But it will come to me!

    And I'm not brave enough to run in a costume for my first half marathon. However, my mom and I are walking the 5K together the morning before, so we have some matching outfits - consisting of pajama pants, hoodies, and some princess headpieces we are going to make over the Christmas weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take pictures of the care packages, they sound cute!!
    Smart gift exchange plan you got there, I'll have to remember that plan and you're lucky your mom will help you out.
    No more lying, now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going semi-costumed... I have a yellow running skirt, blue long sleeve shirt, and will have a red headband. I can't believe YOU aren't going costumed. ;-) You are the queen of Disney. Cannot wait for this expo. I heard my date is really fun and likes women with long legs. Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Lesley - I just laughed so hard and I had a mini-snort. Sad, but true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a store around here, that I cannot walk into without coming out with something. I went to buy my kids something the other day, and promised myself I wasn't going to buy anything for me. Then of course, they had out some new under armour shirts with my favorite color on them and I had to get one!

    I was going to tell you too, that I have had some issues with my shins and lower leg getting really heavy. I've figured out that if I foam roll my calves really really good, then it doesn't happen. I think when my calves get tight then my shins are doing too much work and they can't hold up. Just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Abby - thanks for the tip! I have been curious about foam rollers for quite a while now. I might have to add that to my list when I pick up a second set of leg sleeves this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't even thought about my outfit for Disney yet! Dang - I guess I better get on the ball.

    Glad you found your choices. Happy running

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº