Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Really Should Have Been on Tour with MJ

Do you ever feel "off" if you go to start your day by reading the latest post by Beth @ Shut Up and Run ... and then you see she hasn't posted yet today?? 

News Alert .... it is snowing!!! Okay, so a lot of you are thinking, "Yeah, yeah, we know. Blizzard in the NE. Whatever. Old news." But NO! I mean HERE!! In the Umpqua Valley! Oregon! We never get snow here. If it snows in the area it just stays on the mountains but rarely gets to the valley floor. I am so excited! In 5 minutes I will be out playing in it. Yippee!!

My giveaway is still going on. Still - HA! It just started! You have until January 13th to enter, and I know that most of you haven't entered yet!

I didn't run last night as scheduled. My leg was killing me and I thought I should give it a day off before hitting the pavement again. But I wasn't totally lazy like I was all weekend. (Seriously, I walked around with dried frosting on my shirt for almost an entire day and didn't care!)  Last night I did my new favorite form of cross-training .... the Michael Jackson Wii game. You HAVE to get this game!! It was so much fun. After just one song I was already sweating - and getting pretty darn good scores for it being my first round. The words come on the screen, but I didn't have a need to read them. You mirror the dance moves you are seeing on the TV. The key is your right hand. It follows the gloved hand and is the one with the Wii remote. TONS of songs to choose from all at different difficulty levels. Thriller's difficulty level is "inhuman". Love it! 

Okay - the snow is calling me. WHAT?? It just stopped. Dammit! Well, that's Oregon for ya. Give it a few minutes, it will be back.

10 comments:

  1. Our snow came and went already as well. Haven't tried MJ on the Wii, but I love Just Dance 2...so much fun for all ages!
    Hope your leg feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MUST buy the MJ Wii game. Sad part is that the Wii is at my dads house in their basement. I need to figure out how to discreetly either steal the Wii OR move it upstairs to their main TV. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I might have to get the MJ game for The Boy - he is a freak about Jackson's music. Maybe then I could get him to game with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally think everybody NEEDS it! Not that I am a biased, huge MJ fan or anything. But it is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..... and by that I mean am totally biased and a HUGE MJ fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter can do the moon walk really good! I've been wanting one of the wii just dance games, I might have to go get that one!

    So did you get to play in the snow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could even get through Wii Fit I might try out the MJ game!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you, Running in Central Park is awesome...it kind of does feel like you're one of those people in a movie. :) ha. My cousin works at the Statue of Liberty so let me know if you ever make it. :) For just starting to run, you've done so much already! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, way to set realistic bucket list goals. I bet you could knock most those out in 2011 if you really wanted to. :) The moon...that one might be tricky. :) But hey, anything is possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha ... yeah, I think the fact that I am a total slacker and procrastinator is what caused the easy bucket list. You'd think being in Oregon I'd be able to milk a cow whenever I want!

    I should add to the list. It is rather short.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº