Friday, December 31, 2010

Run #16 - Eh.

I have been procrastinating on this mini-report and I have no idea why. I guess it was just an uneventful run. I was wanting to redeem myself after the horrible run I tried on Sunday. This one went better, but the cold weather seems to keep doing a number on my left knee. So that, coupled with my quad issues, cut my run short. 

During the day we got snow, as I reported in the last post. I know everybody in the US seems to have snow right now, but we never get it, so I was really excited. At lunch I met up with an old friend and it was really coming down. Naturally, I had to take a picture!

I also snagged a picture before the run. This was just to show that I was a total "hot mess". I didn't match at all (with red, salmon, gray, purple, black and red). In the end I put on a jacket so it tamed down my array of colors, but still I was hard to miss! I think what is actually helping me get out and run in the cold weather and soreness of my body is my audiobook. I know I have morbid taste, but it is seriously so fascinating to listen to. If you missed it before, I'm listening to Ann Rule's book about her friendship with Ted Bundy and all of that stuff going on with him. I not-so-secretly want to be Clarice Starling, so I just love to learn about all of those morbid killer things. Now I look forward to running even more just so I can hear what will happen next ... as if we don't know the final conclusion on that one?

Okay, so it is December 31. Anthony Hopkins has a birthday today. Ha - notice that I just referenced Silence of the Lambs, and now I'm telling you that it is Anthony's birthday? I saw Silence of the Lambs on opening day when I was in the 7th grade. I've had a secret love affair with Anthony ever since!  Today is also the day I start my 2011 racing schedule. I'm going for at least 12 in 2011. I think that will be easy to attain. Yay!  I run at 11:59pm, so I'm totally counting this as my first run of 2011, which makes sense since it is the First Run 5K/10K.  I guess I get to pick which distance when I check in? There was never a spot to choose one when I registered. I'm just going for 5K right now. I have my long run on Sunday so I don't want to pathetically try for 6.2 tonight.  Not sure what I'm going to wear just yet. I think I'll have to double layer my legs. It looks like it could be 30º or lower when I start running. Also I will finally be getting myself my Prefontaine "Love to Run" necklace. I've wanted it for almost a year and since it hasn't magically appeared under my pillow I figure I should take matters into my own hands!

So enough babbling. I have HOURS to get ready for my race. I'm going on a pre-race movie date with myself to see Black Swan. Did you see it? Will I love it??  I'll be back in 2011 with a race report. And also I need to finish my posts about Waverly Hills. HMB wanted to see pictures and hear about it. I started my posts, but went on vacation and forgot to finish them! I will get on it. Next time we will  move inside the building and see some pretty creepy looking rooms! Just wait until we head upstairs to room 502 .... strangest picture EVER!

Have a fun, safe New Years Eve everybody!!

And if you get bored, enter my giveaway! ;)

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, my OBC buddy! Can't wait for all the wonderful races that 2011 brings for us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your race friend! Dress warm and looking forward to following you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about tonight's race and the creepy Black Swan movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your race! I'm looking forward to getting back to running this year again after being inspired by you! Happy 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to kick off the new year! have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great race! Happy New Year! :) And I have those same Nike gloves but in black. Unfortunately they didn't have any other fun colors to choose from. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Your outfit looks like mine when I run outside, I just grab whatever I think will keep me warm!

    Can't wait to hear how your race went last night!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº