Friday, December 3, 2010

Run #2 - Ronda's Back Alright!

It was near the YMCA when Backstreet Boys --- Backstreet's Back Alright! --- came on my iPod and I felt that positive energy of "I can do this!" return to me. After the pathetic first run this week I was curious how last night's 3 miles would go. I tired to not focus on it and just follow my legs.  And I decided on a fresh route.

Instead of zig zagging through my neighborhood like I have done for the majority of my runs over this last year, I did my normal warm up path through my street and my Grandpa's (we're neighbors - isn't that cute?!?), then decided to venture out. I think I needed the "new" scenery for a nice change of pace. It was completely dark out, so I was going a little slower than I would have preferred, but I figured since I had no idea what the footing under me would be, it would be better to stay a little cautious and slow down a hair.  I ended up down at our main park in town, by the baseball fields, through the YMCA parking lot, in front of the skating rink door so I could have a peek (that was inspired by 5KRae and her recent trip roller skating!), to the golf course entrance and back home.  Have I mentioned I live in a small town? All that and I still had to go by Grandpa's again a couple times just to hit 3 miles - in about 32 minutes.

But I did it and I felt good. Not as good as I would like, but so much better than Tuesday!  And I tested out my Zensah arm sleeves. Oh my gosh - Love them! So comfy. They kept my arms warm. They never tried to move and drive me nuts. I would call that a good purchase!

No more running until Sunday where I attempt to do four miles. I'm actually excited about that one. I mean I've done four miles multiple times before - but not in the last couple of months. And I will enjoy running in the daylight for a change!

So now let us end this quick little post with a photo to brighten things up! My house is all decorated for Christmas.  Can you find the pickle in the tree??  I am trying to show my new arm sleeves under my shirt - but then I felt like I was pathetically trying to show off my lack of arm muscles, so anyway.....  And why does my head look so big?? Do I really look like that??


12 comments:

  1. Oh that is the CUTEST picture of you in front of the tree! I spotted the pickle. What country does the pickle on the tree tradition come from? I think it's Germany. :/ ?

    Love the sleeves! What city do you live in? I am thinking of Y with a skating rink- but not figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - the pickle is a German thing. And since I am a little German girl I figured I HAD to have the pickle!
    I'm in "the Burg". The Burg that is south of Cottage Grove by 45 minutes - and named after a Rose.

    (Was that cryptic enough for my thousands of stalker fans to not figure it out??) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo on an easy 3!!!! Isn't that the BEST feeling?! Ive got 5 (or 6) on my plan this weekend... Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice come back! 4 on Sunday will be fantastic! I'm doing 6 this weekend. Hopefully the rain will stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a pickle ornament too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? Good run always comes out after a 'meh' one. Have fun on the 4 this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now don't get too fast... I don't want to be smoked at the Princess half!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a great comeback - pickle POWER!!! LOL We do the pickle thing too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1st: nice Essiggurke
    2nd: the layering is obvious for the cooler weather ... you arms are massive
    3rd: your head is the perfect size for a fast runner - needing to think and react quickly
    4th: your smile brightens up the room like the summer sun at noon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that song! Yay for a good run.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love you!!! I heard "If I Knew Then" today :D

    Love the pic xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting your tree up and your run!

    And don't tell anyone - but I love running to the Backstreet Boys too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº