Monday, December 6, 2010

Run #3 - Week 1 is Done!

I'm still undecided on how my third and final run for week 1 went. I did 4 miles in 44 minutes. That doesn't count the time where I paused my Garmin so I could stretch out my leg. I'm turning you all into the doctor here, ok? Don't worry - I have insurance, but I'm not giving everyone my co-pay.

I'd be running along just fine and then my lower right leg would sort of just feel weak and give out on me with no warning at all. I was on one of our four main roads in town once when it happened. I totally thought I was going to fall on the sidewalk right in front of all the shoppers and church traffic. So what's the deal with that? Did I just not drink enough water? As far as I know I haven't done anything to injure myself while running or laying on my ass in my comfy recliner.  I will admit I am terrible about fueling up for a run. I mean I pretty much do nothing, so I know I need to work on that. So anyway, if you have a diagnosis for this weak lower leg feeling, let me know!

Aside from that, I think the run went really well and when I wasn't limping I was actually going at a nice pace. I got to say hello to friendly walkers with their dogs. I didn't make my normal stop at the duck pond to see the animals, but I don't think they noticed. Once I got home the fog seemed to immediately roll in, so I'm glad I finished when I did!

My poor mom - we had a movie date to see Harry Potter. I showed up in a hat, leg sleeves, a fresh sports bra, running shirt, slippers and the most comfy pants I owned. I promised her I put on more deodorant. Here we had this date and I finished my run with only 20 minutes to freshen up before leaving for the theater. Oops!

In other news, Sushi Guy came down for pizza Friday night. When I told him that you all know him as Sushi Guy and that one of you actually gave him that nickname, he had to laugh. I don't think he realized he gets a periodic mention in my little blog. We are racing together again on Saturday. I initially had visions of a PR, but since my leg wants to give out on me, I'm setting those on the back burner .... for now.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Loved It!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the weak leg thing. I say maybe just keep running and if it persists stop and go to the doctor. Great job on the run though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you and Sushi Guy this Saturday. I hope he gets some more bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Week 1 in the books! :) As for the leg thing...I've got nothing for you. Could be a fuel thing but who knows. I say try fueling a little bit, maybe eating a granola bar or something light 30-60 mins before your run. See if that helps? If it persists though, def go see a doctor. Good luck to you and sushi guy this weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the weak leg thing happen on certain days.

    Go for that PR... don't tell Sushi Guy too much... if he starts reading the blog, then we can't talk about him as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man that bites about your leg - hopefully it was just a fluke and it won't happen on your next run!

    Good luck on your race.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº