Sunday, December 12, 2010

Run #7 - Enjoying The Victory

I just wrote such a long race report, I'll keep this short!

Basically even though I really pushed my legs yesterday I was not willing to miss today's "long" run. Okay, so for me right now 4 miles is long. I can't wait until I tell you all how I ran 7 or 8 or 9 miles!  I was am still on a high from yesterday, so I threw on my new shirt for today's run. Mistake #1! I threw on my warm pants. Mistake #2! Seriously - it is December. I live in Oregon. Why, then, was it 65º right after I got done with my run?? I was sweating like crazy! 

I deliberately went a little slower, and then my body just kind of forced me to stay slower since it was tired. I definitely felt the burn from yesterday - but I loved it! I know running a 1/2 marathon isn't going to be the easiest task, so I can't whine if I feel tired or sore after/during a run. It will pay off in the end!

So about 45 minutes later I had completed 4 miles. I did stop for a few seconds at the duck pond to check out the wildlife and stretch my legs. And for the first time, I didn't feel guilty! I figured I earned that mini-break!

And that medal? Of course I had to put it on today. I might sleep with it. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm just getting caught up from the weekend. NICE JOB on your race! That is awesome! That pizza looked really good too :) And way to get back out there the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - such dedication! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº