Thursday, December 16, 2010

Run #9 - The Cookie Run

First off, I wanted to thank you all for humoring me and not yelling at me for my posts on every run of this little training venture. I don't know if you know, but I'm training for a half marathon. Oh wait, I told you? In like, oh, every post? Okay, yeah, that's 'cause it never gets old for me to hear or say! I'm partially still in denial, so I like to remind myself. ANYWAY, I find these little posts helpful - like my own blog and all of you are holding me accountable to following the plan. So thanks!

Okay, run #9, just 2 miles ... after baking cookies. Yes, I baked! I forgot to take pictures as proof, because people that know me in real life are shocked! Tonight I'll be baking and I WILL document this one because even I can't believe what I am going to attempt! Oh yeah, running. So I went shopping after work with my mom. We wanted to find ugly holiday sweaters. My plan is to wear it with a total straight face and not let on that I'm creating this outfit as a total joke. We'll see how long that lasts. By the time we finished with all of our shopping it was after my dinner time - because I am an old person and I like my dinner early. (So embarrassing to admit that.) I had some dinner and watched Queer as Folk. Have you seen it? Oh, I just love it! Best show ever. I miss it so much. Back on track.... I had to bake cookies. I have a work potluck that I am going to under protest since I have food issues and won't eat at potlucks. I figured I could bring cookies to be festive and merry. But I also had to run.

The cookies were done freakishly fast, and after sampling two of them I decided I had to run them off. I put on my warmest clothes, minus a jacket 'cause they get annoying, and went out for 2 miles. It was so foggy. I couldn't even see a block ahead of me ... and considering my crazy imagination, well, I'm happy nobody appeared to attack me. I wouldn't have seen it coming! I was pretty speedy again - perhaps that was me just wanting to get back into my warm house. It was 10pm when I got home .... and I didn't even think of touching those freshly baked cookies. Woohoo!!

So that's 9 runs and 25 miles done. Apparently I was supposed to do 3.5 the other night, not 3. Sshh, don't tell on me. It was an accident. I should have consulted the plan on my refrigerator -- or the "ice box" as my step-dad called it last weekend. Seriously? Who says "ice box" anymore??


7 comments:

  1. LOL! My father-in-law calls it the ice box! Haha! I am so used to it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ice box incident was hysterical. My mom and I had no idea what he was talking about, and he didn't understand our confusion. I mean I've known him for 14 years and have never heard him say "ice box".

    Maybe it was the whipped cream vodka that made us laugh so hard??

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I can't wait to see the ugly sweater!

    And hey - I call it a Fridge-Air. I get the "are you crazy" looks - but I'm used to those at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about your runs! I can't believe the race is in TEN weeks :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to pics of the sweater! :) Way to go on baking! I love to cook (quick and easy meals, of course), but I'm not much of a baker either. I sure could go for a fresh baked cookie right now, though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how exciting...can't wait to read the recap, you are going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freakishly fast cookies are better than NO cookies. I better get on it! Have a great run, you're doing so well with your training for the...what was that run, a 5K? JK.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº