Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Dear Disney, Please Get Your Sheet Together.

You might think I have nothing but glowing things to say about Disney. Umm, No! I don't focus on the negative in our vlogs, probably because we are too busy dealing with something to bother recording it. But we did have an incident (and sadly I somehow lost that footage during an Airdrop to my computer I guess) that was infuriating and very disappointing.

Is it going to be a new Disney trend given their non-stop excuse of changes being made because of Covid? Changes meaning "we are taking things away and charging you more."


Here's what happened. . .

We were staying at Disney's Caribbean Beach resort. Since it is not a Disney Vacation Club Resort and we just paid cash for it we were going to have housekeeping every other day. At DVC resorts you get housekeeping every 4 days, but they come in daily to take your garbage. So we are very familiar with not having our beds made each day and fresh towels daily. And that is fine.


But what we received at Caribbean Beach was NOT acceptable. For our week long stay we had housekeeping TWO times. And that was not typical housekeeping. What that meant was they gave us fresh towels and took our garbage out. Two times in one week. That is all the service we received. Nothing more at all. No vacuuming. No straightening of a bed sheet. Just towels and trash. Twice. In a week.


And here is what happened that caused me to decide to never stay at this resort again....

One night we had a spill in one of our beds. It did not go down to the mattress (which I think was plastic anyway.. sure sounded like it). I stripped our sheets and we grabbed the bag on the "closet" shelf that had a spare blanket and pillow. First off, the comforters are sheets. The spare bedding ... sheets. They do not have anything at all above what you'd expect at the lowest tier resort. So we put the spare sheet on the mattress and called it good for the night. In the morning, knowing it was one of our housekeeping days, I stripped the bed and put the dirty linens on the floor by the door. The top sheets were pulled back showing a bare mattress. Clearly we needed some new bed linens. There is absolutely no way you wouldn't be able to figure this out.

We had our day in the theme park, stopped by the main dining area on our way home to grab food and then took the long walk to our room to finally sit, relax, and enjoy our dinner.

That isn't what happened.

Upon returning to our room a housekeeping cart was outside of our door. Were they still there that late at night? It was already dark out! I opened the door and saw the dirty linens were gone. Great! Then I looked... and our remaining sheets were still draped off the bottom of the bed partly on the ground and the mattress was bare.

Are you kidding me, Disney?? We couldn't even have ONE bed made during our entire week stay, especially when a guest clearly needed the assistance?? I was absolutely disgusted. My mom and Shawn ended up making the bed with the bedding we took from the cart that was outside. This should have never been an issue. We should not be having to go find our own materials to rectify something that housekeeping could have done very easily during their one of only two visits to our room that week.

That cart was still sloppily sitting outside of our room when we left the following morning to go to another theme park. And I can tell you it was wiped clean. Clearly others passing by needed things and helped themselves to it, and rightfully so!

I was happy to leave that resort, which is never really the case unless I am staying at an All Star resort. My comment card at the end expressed all of this. I never had a reply from them. Don't ask for comments if you don't want them. And I guess don't go to Disney expecting to get any sort of housekeeping service for the $$$ you're paying. (I want to make sure it is clear that every other aspect of our stay and every Cast Member we encountered there was fabulous!!)  Let's just see something... hold on....

I can't get an exact quote for the 2022 equivalent of our room, but doing some calculating based on what's available and our military discount, I'd guess around $2,000 or more (definitely more for guests without that sweet military discount!) .... and they couldn't put sheets on our bed ONE time in that week. Leaving us a completely bare mattress was what they chose to do. 

Do better, Disney. It is absolutely inexcusable.

I love pirate things, but I will not be staying in the most uncomfortable bed of my life in a resort that doesn't care about us ever again. And I am here to recommend to you to save your money and skip this particular resort.

We are currently figuring out accommodations for our next Florida visit. I'm really eye balling some Universal Orlando resorts if a DVC room isn't available once I can use my remaining points in holding. 

Do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº