Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Give Me Violent, Not Ho-Hum

I find the weather to be fascinating. Mostly fascinating in how quickly it can change and how violent it can get. Hurricanes, while boring after being stuck in your house for hours, and sometimes days, are pretty exciting at times. During the 3 hurricanes I experienced (shout out, Charlie!), I was sure to go outside and walk in the wind. I had to soak it all up. Even Tinker Bell went outside during a hurricane or two. She's such an awesome cat! Of course she was in my arms and not allowed to touch the ground, but whatever. Thunder and lightning storms - another fun one. The booming crash of thunder, the blinding flash of lightning - always brings a smile to my face. So yes, I enjoy weather conversations - about crazy, violent weather experiences.

Why is it though, that old people in the work place won't retire? Wait, no, wrong question. Why do they seem to enjoy talking to everybody about weather? Not fun weather talk, but lame "I have nothing to talk about and can't stand silence" weather talk. I can't tell you how many times during the recent heat wave I heard "Oh, is it hot out there?" What? You know it is in the upper 90s, lower 100s. Why bother asking? All day I hear boring weather talk. "It is humid here this year." No, actually, it isn't. Get out of Oregon once in a while and you might discover real humidity. "That was a bad storm!" No. It wasn't. There was rain. There was wind. Big deal. "I hear its going to be warm today." Yeah, its mid-August. It is summer - it is warm every day.

I can't wait for vacay in 2 months - real humidity, real storms, real heat!

And I want to say I have an awesome boyfriend ... he brought home some ear plugs for me. What a doll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº