Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Can We Agree to Just NOT Talk?

I was getting out of my car this morning when I had a realization about mornings. Kori and I (see photo to the right!) always joke about not being "morning people", but I realized that's not totally the case we me.

On any non-work day I am fine with mornings. I can wake up early and be in the most chipper of moods! I have energy and visions of what I want to accomplish (or visions of doing nothing.) But I never wake up grumpy - even if I have a hangover! Ha!  What I have figured out is that I smile in the mornings, but once I get to work it stops. I'm fine in the parking lot - but I step in the door and want to just be invisible.  Sometimes the invisibility desire hits in the parking lot - depending on who I might see trying to park their car.

I really like my job. I have fun doing what I do. I just really want some fresh faces around here. It is hard to be excited to sit around people you have no respect for. I just want to have the annoying people and the mentally ill people ignore me.  Please don't say good morning to me 3 times in an hour. If you said it once - that was way more than enough. And please, I get you, please don't ask how my day is going when it is only 7:58am.  I haven't even been out of bed for an hour so I don't have an answer ... and I don't choose to answer you anyway.

Enough already.   Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº