Monday, April 2, 2018

Eugene Half Training: Week 2

This should be fast, unlike my training progress.

I ran ONCE.

Sadly this wasn't what I wanted. Basically Meniere's Disease really had its way with me. And to top it off, my right leg HATED me with a burning passion. Today at work I realized that over the weekend it started to feel okay again, and then once I was crammed back in my tiny work corner and having to always tweak to just fit at my desk it started giving out on me again. So perhaps I've figured out why the random pain in my leg appeared this week! I mean it was so bad that I could barely put pressure on it to get out of my chair, and then even walking out to the hall was painful enough to create a limp.

So then imagine taking that pain, add in some vertigo (versus just mild dizziness) and then try to run. Yeah, not happening!

It did happen one time, and it wasn't pretty. So let's just get to that and be done with this week.

Failed run moment
It was a stroller run at the park. I didn't even do my full intended distance. I made one loop and had to call it quits. The weather was ideal. I couldn't not try running when it was so lovely. People were out on bikes, with dogs, with children and strollers, and running. I loved it! Finally I didn't ever feel unsafe, too. That was nice! But it was just hard. When I could force a run I was happy, but the leg going out on me and vertigo won. At least I tried. Heck, I was dressed and ready to run a couple other times, but my body just said NO. So mostly this was a mentally very frustrating week, with regard to running and just living. It wasn't my best.

I decided it is okay though. I'm considering that to be a week to recharge and get my thinking back in training mode. The race is now just under a month away. I'm still confident I can do it. Absolutely. I am confident I won't PR, and that's a-okay, too! I just need to be back out there at my favorite distance of 13.1 miles! I've just finished making a new, completely random playlist to train to. Life is going to be hectic for the next couple of weeks, so I think I will have to tweak my penciled in training to work around things, but I will be back! (*knock on wood!!*)

Race countdown: 26 days 16 hours 23 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº