Friday, July 26, 2019

What's New, Pussycat?

Have I gone a couple of days without a Ragnar post? Why, yes, I have! And so without further ado I have another post centered around running that I have chosen to share with all 12 of you!

First off, this is SUPER important!! Thanks to the help of family and friend, donations, cans, a silent auction, corn hole, race volunteering and so much more... Lady Storm Squad has exceeded our $12,000 fundraising goal (with more donations coming in!) and we are officially going to be running Hood to Coast in less than a month!!

So now I will give my shout out list to those that helped me in my $1,000 quest!
Emily Allwardt, Rebecca Allen, Theresa Bartlett, Becky Cotterell, Debi Davidson, Sharon Ferguson-Fels, Ronnie Fox, Bobby Hatcher, Jessica Johnson, Jim Maciariello, Lucy McCollough, Kathy & Kenny McGinnis, Karen Miltner, Mike Noel, Molly & Steve Perkins, Bob Powell, Matthew Tew (and Sutherlin Dutch Bros), Ray Tew, Ginny Wilborn and Ronda Wynne.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I am terrible at fundraising, and every donation made me so darn happy! I can't believe together we hit $1,000! And I still have bags of cans left to return to help our overall team donation get even bigger. Hot dog!


Also, THANK YOU!


Where do we go from here? To the street! Hood to Coast is in August, which is proving to be a very busy month. But even busier is September ... did someone say comic con with awesome friends, a wedding, football games and the Prefontaine Memorial run? And all of this leads to bigger things. An unnamed person texted me an unknown question about an unspoken goal of an unspoken distance for an unnamed race. This person and I already made a pact to help each other out with training for Hood to Coast, so why not extend that training a little lot longer and do a freaking marathon together?!?

So between now and undeclared date for unnamed race you can find me following my training plan while pushing a stroller around town, running more half marathons, and brainstorming ideas for good running outfits!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº