Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Welcome Aboard, Come Inside Our Stateroom!

Raise your hand if you don't really know what a stateroom on a Disney ship looks like. I had no actual idea, either. So I invite you to come with us to the Disney Dream, deck six, cabin 6010!

Before we can go inside we need to get on the ship! Walk with us down what is the most exciting hallway at the start of your trip and then equally the saddest at the end.


Time to take a turn and walk through this and right into the ship!


One can't simply just enter a Disney ship without feeling special. Oh no! Instead tell them your family name and you'll be introduced to everyone as step inside!


Welcome to deck 6. I miss that hallway already.


And here it is, our door -- before we decorated! Let's talk about our room. We really didn't care where we were on the ship. We just wanted to have a porthole versus a veranda for this first sailing. I just didn't want any stress with a busy 3 year old and open air! So we chose a room on deck six near the front on the port side. It was one with more room, and really in a nice spot because it was kind of a corner due to our room being longer than others. It was so quiet, I never noticed our neighbors!


We opened the door and sent Katura in for the first viewing. She approved!


Here is a closer look at the bed. I paid for the Christmas decoration package, so ours had this lovely, super soft blanket on it, the Mickey Mouse pillow and the red bag to hold it all. Traditionally the bed has that blue blanket you can see under our Christmas one. If I could have bought that blanket I would have. It was so classy and so soft!


Looking back toward the door, here is our bed again. You can see some hanging decorations hooked to the ceiling with magnets. I quickly relocated those to being at the head of our bed so we wouldn't always walk into them. On the left is a curtain that can be pulled to break the room into two if you wanted privacy or to block the sun. I preferred having it open, but we did have it slightly closed some nights. 


Also part of our Christmas package was this magnetic advent calendar - which is now being used at home as we count down to presents!


Let's check out something we ALL care about whether you want to admit it or not. The bathroom. What is the bathroom situation like? It is big? Is it small? I'd say given we were on a ship it was just right! We actually had TWO bathrooms in our cabin. First is the bathroom that has a toilet and sink. There is shelving just out of view by the big mirrors, as well as storage area under the sink. Notice the DCL logo on the towel? I swear I did not even think of stealing one. Sigh, it's hard being a grown up.


The next bathroom was great. It has a sink and shower.


We totally want to put this shower style in our house at home. The shower is round, with the ability to have a bath. On the wall is a removable shower head, which is great when showering with a toddler. Above all of it is one of those rain faucets so you can have water coming straight down on you. And the water pressure was fabulous!! I am VERY picky about water pressure and the ability to get my hair rinsed. I had no issues whatsoever! Also we never needed extra towels. We were fully stocked with every possible size. I really like not having to ration towels. I need one for my body. One for my hair. And I wash my hands a lot. We were well taken care of!



This is part of the shower, too. There is a seat off to the side, which is handy when shaving your legs. Instead of having plastic shampoo and conditioner bottles they have these large, nice bottles in the shower that they refill as needed. And lastly, not in this photo, is right on the wall by the shampoo - 3 or 4 roomy shelves to put your shower products. I had more room than I needed. It was wonderful! Plus across the top you have not one, but TWO lines you can extend to help dry off your swimming suits. If you know how I can acquire this shower for my home, let me know. *Ikea does NOT have them I've been told.

Across the hall from the bathrooms are the closets. Two closets with ample room. We had our dirty laundry basket in one and it was the perfect size. Plenty of hangers for our nice evening clothes. Our life jackets. A safe to lock things up. And a lot of drawers that we didn't even need. I'm telling you this entire stateroom had so much storage that we didn't even need. How often do you get to say that?!?


By our closets and just across from the bed was this area with our cups, and any communications we needed. When we arrived we had information about shopping at Nassau the following day, our excursion tickets for the dolphins, information regarding our shipboard credit I gave myself, and the scroll inviting Katura to the tea party. Later I got more mail - an invite for discounted services in the spa since we were celebrating my birthday. I didn't use it. Maybe next time I'll have time for that type of stuff.


The TV is flat, and quite small. This is okay. It pulls out from the way and turns easily to face either side of the room. We didn't watch it much because we didn't realize until the last day that we pretty much had the ship's version of Disney+ with on demand TV shows and movies. We did listen to our cruise director on there sometimes with his morning reports, and I liked to look at the map to see where we were in the ocean. I'm a navigational dork I guess! Again, tons of storage! Not a lot of charging spots - so if you do go bring a USB port so you can get everything charging at the same time. In that desk area is a mini-fridge which was great for storing milk we would grab at the breakfast buffet. I also bought the souvenir cool bag with 6 bottles of water in it, so that held our water throughout the sailing as well. Yeah, I bought a bag. Uh huh. Let's pause and see how many NEW bags we came home with .... 1 suitcase, 2 little girl purses, 1 cinch sack backpack (plus one from a fish extender gift), 1 cooler tote, 1 Disney Cruise Line gift with purchase purchase backpack, THREE Loungefly backpacks, and 8 reusable totes from the parks and cruise line, and lastly a general Walt Disney World bag perfect for carrying my calendar and folded up cane to work. Oh my gosh. 




The highlight of our room.... the gigantic porthole. I sat in this every morning watching as the ship would come into port. And I pretty much just always looked out the window non-stop if I was in the room. I should have slept in the little bed and let Shawn have the dark side of the room since I was up at sunrise each day just to watch the view change!


Oh look at that, here is a better look at all of that storage space in the shower!


Poor Shawn, this was his bed all nights but one. It was supposed to be Katrua's. Yeah, she had plans of sleeping in the super comfy big bed with her mommy instead!


Look at that - that just looks like I want to crawl up inside and cuddle. Very impressive curtain, it makes it VERY dark in there! There is also a curtain at the porthole, but it was very rarely closed. I wanted to see the sea!


This is the navigational channel I liked to watch. You know what they need? Stacey! -- If you have to ask who Stacey is then just don't worry about it. My WDW pals know and love her just like I do!


Disney left no surface without detail. Even the shower curtain had subtle nautical Mickey heads!


Seeing as it was a Christmas cruise we brought some Minnie Mouse lights to add some flair to our room! I don't think those made it home with us. No room! Our bags were beyond stuffed!


This trunk was great. It, of course, was empty for more storage. We DID use that space for our carry on bags. Plus it was fun to use to set our Fish Extender gifts on for Katura to see when she would wake up from naps!


Ignore that baby booty, but here's a quiet look at our room. Ssshh, tired girl alert!


Another detail, the cute lamp shades!


Than got in on the room decorating and put my Castaway Cay 5K medal on display for me to rediscover after our day at the beach. I really liked him. He definitely earned his tip and bonus tip. I'd love to have him again on a future sailing!


So from our little elf, Chewy and myself, thank you for visiting us in room 6010!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº